Element has an opportunity for a new IT Network Engineer to join our growing team. The role will proactively monitor, support and maintain the company IT infrastructure identifying and presenting improvements to company systems and process’ to Element Leadership.
- Provide 3rd level infrastructure support and manage the resolution of issues working closely across other Element teams and 3rd party network providers
- Advanced experience of monitoring and troubleshooting network infrastructure services and cloud based applications ensuring you are detecting events and taking the appropriate action to resolve issues
- Define, create, own and maintain the documentation required to allow IT services to be implemented and supported by Element teams. Identify and undertake continuous improvement initiatives
- Evaluate new and proposed technologies for development within Element. Define implementation, operational & support methods and plans for agreed technical roll outs
- Assist in the design of global infrastructure by reviewing networks, data centres, server, storage and other technologies
- Participate in the technical delivery of multiple IT projects across various business functions, including the management of technical issues
- Work alongside the Project manager, Technical Service leaders and Technical Leads to ensure infrastructure and requirements and acquisition integrations are properly planned and implemented
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience of managing, troubleshooting and supporting global WAN/LAN/WLAN, firewall and telecoms networks.
- Strong understanding and working experience of F5 appliances
Working knowledge of Fortigate firewalls would be advantageous
- Advanced TCP/IP and HTTP protocol troubleshooting ability using tools such as Wireshark.
- Strong scripting ability using PowerShell, TCL or Python
- Strong understanding and working experience of certificate based infrastructures
- Strong understanding and working experience of VoIP infrastructures
- Strong understanding and working experience of Active Directories
- Working knowledge of data centre technologies including networks, security, storage, servers and VMware virtualisation
- Working knowledge of Cisco appliances, CCNP would be advantageous
- Experience of incident, problem, change and release processes with ITIL certification desirable
- Proven track record in delivering complex technical projects ensuing a solution delivery and participate in technical teams and ensure a successful result for the customer
- Individually driven to deliver results and able to drive solutions through to completion
- Experience in authoring and maintaining technical documentation and adhering to standards
- Works to agreed objectives with full responsibility for quality of work performed
- Demonstrates analytical and logical thinking and uses experience to resolve issues, recommend solutions, implement preventive measures and deliver results
- Team player, keen to resolve issues, whilst sharing knowledge with team
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.