The company are a leading global design and engineering company in plastic products, with over 194 operations in 34 countries.
The IT service desk supports around 100 sites and 6000 users worldwide.
The company are looking for an enthusiastic site based IT Network Apprentice to join their hardworking team.
They already have several apprentices within both the IT Department and wider business. They offer excellent career progression. The company’s bespoke internal training programme is designed to integrate you in to their IT department and will help you to quickly grow into a capable and vital part of the business.
You will be based on-site as the local IT support as an extension to the central support team. You will liaise with the central IT team.
As well as travel for your apprenticeship training, you will be required to travel to the head office in Northamptonshire at pre-arranged dates with plenty of notice to meet, work and train with the central IT team (All costs covered).
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Answer the phones and deal with all Network issues across the group
- Record and deal directly with user calls and queries using the companies IT Service Desk support software
- Develop and document composite and reporting processes and procedures along with IT related process and procedures to improve efficiency
- Manage calls through their lifecycle and give regular progress reports to the end user
- Liaise with suppliers, internal and external customers in a professional manner and according to relevant support agreements
- support and maintain good relationships with other colleagues
- Work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of the department and the business
- Enter common faults in the Knowledge Base
- publish basic operational guides
- Communicate with internal and external clients in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Perform general admin duties
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and positive attitude
- Diligent, with great attention to detail
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player, able to work on own initiative
- “Can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile
Desired qualification requirements:
Looking for someone who has either undertaken a L3 IT Apprenticeship or has relevant IT industry experience.
Monday to Friday,
9am - 5pm, [30-minutes lunch]
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer],
£5.90 per hour / £221.25 per week.
The salary will be dependent upon the applicant and the National Minimum Wage.
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
- Great career opportunities on successful completion of the apprenticeship [previous apprentices have gone on to secure full time roles within the company]
- Regular pay reviews
- Investment into your personal development (Training courses)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.