Ultima’s internal IT systems consists of a wide variety of technologies across various SaaS, PaaS and IaaS platforms as well as a legacy on premise system. This role is key to ensuring the ongoing support, maintenance and reliability of these systems as well as providing end user support working alongside an enthusiastic and motivated technical team.
The key objective is to maintain all aspects of our IT infrastructure, helping to ensure we get the very best from the investments made, as well as providing technical support to the business. You’ll be proactive in staying ahead with the latest infrastructure technologies and champion change throughout the organisation.
You will ensure that our standard operating procedures/processes are followed and maintained including taking responsibility for managing the volume of assigned tickets within out ITSM system and the fulfilment of incidents and requests in line with our SLAs and KPIs.
We provide services used within our 24/7 operation, where system availability is key, so out of hours/on call work can be required.
In this role you must be highly motivated and able to provide the highest quality of customer service at all times. The need to be able to provide accurate and timely information relating to on-going issues is of vital importance. The ability to write clear, factual notes into ITSM tickets is critical.
• Assist with providing the business a highly available and resilient IT environment.
• Provide out of hours support for P1 incidents.
• To identify and deliver future technical solutions, leading on the design and delivery of these solutions.
• Maintain Asset management and reporting systems for all IT equipment and mobile devices.
• Ensure standard operating procedures/processes are followed and maintained.
• Ensure compliance with IT security policy standards.
• Provisioning of new starter accounts and hardware.
• New starter training
• Maintenance contract renewals
• Maintain License subscriptions
• Provide accurate and timely information relating to on-going issues
• Patch management
• Ensure effective communications outside of the IT team.
- Hardware support (Server, storage, networking, Desktop, Laptop, Mobile)
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10)
- Advanced Desktop support (at least 3 years)
- Microsoft Server operating systems (Server 2008 and above)
- Basic network troubleshooting knowledge
- Microsoft cloud technologies (O365,Azure)
- Active Directory and group policy
- Security and compliance knowledge
- VmWare ESXi