IT Infrastructure Project Manager
IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) encompasses approximately 6,000 colleagues spread across 45+ locations. The annual budget is over %241.5 billion and our infrastructure and services support over 250,000 colleagues and 50+ million customers. ITID is part of the Technology organisation whose ambition is to be the world’s leading financial services technology team and are on a journey to transform accordingly.
The IT Infrastructure Project Managers lead and manage medium to large scale complex global strategic change projects/programmes and business transformations with the business and delivery partners (circa %2415m + budgets, matrixed teams, multiple business lines). The IT Infrastructure Project Managers act as a role model, working as one global team, demonstrating active leadership and communication. They need to be able to operate at executive level, across regions and global businesses.
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will establish and deliver projects/programmes within the IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Portfolio & Programme Management (PPM) Change the Bank (CtB) portfolios which could include but is not limited to: Service Sustaining (SSP), Cyber, Transformation and ITID Corporate Real Estate (CRE) portfolios.The role includes daily engagement with senior stakeholders (Director, Managing Director and C suite level) the accurate reporting of portfolio finances, governance and delivery health, and driving and leading on conversations around technology strategy, transformation and people.
If you are dedicated, resilient and remain calm under pressure, enthusiastic about technology (new and old) but above all take pride in leading change that serves a truly diverse and global customer base, please read on - this might just be the role for you.
What you will be doing;
- As the IT Infrastructure Project Manager, you will lead end to end execution and have responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with senior stakeholders within IT, Global Businesses and Finance areas.
- Workclosely withyour respective Portfolio Manager, Global ITID PPM Practice team and your senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of the project/programme with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour.
- Providing board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions.
- Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
What you will bringto the role;
To be successful inthis role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector withknowledge of the following skills:
- Significant experience of leading complex multi-year infrastructure projects and programmes in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Data Centre Operations,
- Telecommunications Services,
- Infrastructure platforms such as Windows, Linux, Unix, DatabaseTechnologies, Middleware technologies, Storage technologies, Cloud
- End User technologies such as desktop, VDI, mobile,
- Cyber infrastructure such as identity access management and cryptography
- Outstanding global / regional project and programme management experience which include communications capabilities, decision making and problem solving skills, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Ability to direct and influence people in a matrix orientated environment and establish working partnerships at a junior and senior organisational level.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business.
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Proven ability to articulate complex programme and project issues concisely and in simple language to recognise to the global remit of this role.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery
- Professional Project Management certification
This is a full time role based in London 8 Canada Square
As a businessoperating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefitsfor our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committedto being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitablyqualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age,disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexualorientation.
We want everyone tobe able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will haveaccess to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive payand benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-basedemployees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return towork, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data heldby the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance withour Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.