We are in the Acceleration Business. We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
If you’re looking for a hugely rewarding career, you’ve come to the right place.
We focus on our employees and create an environment where they can grow and develop their careers within our business. Our people love a challenge so why not join and help us create the difference for our customers.
- We offer a wide range of career opportunities from engineers and business consultants, to HR, procurement, logistics and finance specialists
- Training, mentoring, shadowing and apprenticeships are all part of our career progression support
- Career paths are always open for those people who want them.
Be part of the story and discover a world of difference.
We have a new opportunity in our Internal IT department.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a basic understanding of IT and wanting to start their career with an experienced team of technicians. Training will be undertaken on the job; the successful candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- The successful candidate will work in team of 3 Helpdesk agents, supporting the Internal IT Infrastructure, Business Applications, IT Services and Resolve User IT Issues. Supported by 2nd and 3rd line System Administrators.
- Providing support primarily remotely, for end users and engineers - typically software/system/networking support via remote tools, with basic hardware knowledge to diagnose infrastructure issues; diagnosing & solving customer problems over the phone, via web collaboration.
- Will perform suitable information gathering, analytical troubleshooting and problem research.
- Qualification of hardware cases involves diagnosis and recommendation of parts to fix the issues, including replacement of whole units. In all cases where a problem gets too complex, responsible for timely elevation and/or escalation, to fix and/or review systems and escalation to/collaboration with next line of support.
- Project work will also be a key part of the role, getting involved in testing and migration work to new systems for our end users.
Desired skills and qualities for the role:
- Demonstrates a 'can-do' spirit that creates energy, ownership and personal commitment to others
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office suite and other Microsoft applications
- Basic understanding of Network protocols
- Basic knowledge of IT in General
- Demonstrates Passion for IT, New Technologies, Cloud Technologies
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels and across different teams within the organisation both written and verbally in English
- Able to work cooperatively in a team as well as on their own and work to deadlines
- Flexible & Committed
- Awareness of the sensitivities of working with confidential information whether it be verbal or written
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
9am to 5:15pm - Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
After 6 months you may occasionally be required to work between the hours of 09:45 to 18:00 depending on business requirements.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.