ABS IT Services is a Managed Service Provider (MSP), concentrating on Hardware,
Software Development, Virtualisation, Hosted Servers, Hosted Microsoft products,
Telecommunications, Disaster Recovery Solutions, Cyber/Data Security, Website Development and Systems Maintenance.
This job would suite school/college leaver with ambition to develop career in IT or as an Apprenticeship.
This list of duties is not exhaustive, and the role may require other level 1 or similar duties to be carried out in support of the business. Training will be provided where required.
- Provide IT support including but not limited to hardware (desktops, laptops, servers, monitors, printers, routers, Wi-Fi devices, phones), software (off the shelve and bespoke), connectivity (Wi-Fi, broadband, telephone), Email management,
- Support web applications, MS Office, Windows OS
- Create and maintain documentation for Level 1 support solutions and processes
- Provide remote and onsite support
- Build knowledge base in ticketing system or other approved systems
- Meeting Service Desk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Writing incident / problem reports
- Carry out manual work, involving hardware, deliveries (in/out), WEEE handling, secure
- Proficiencies in computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Some understanding of computer hardware.
- Ability to lift boxes/servers/computers
- Strong Ability to write incident/problem reports
- Must have the resilience and ability to work under pressure.
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to use own initiative
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Other qualifications desired:
- Grade C (or equivalent) Computer Science
45hrs per week - 8am - 6pm, with one hour for lunch.
- Permanent role at the end of apprenticeship depending on performance.
- Exposure to different departments.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.