EAC Network Solutions was founded in 2005 by two like-minded IT professionals, determined to bring top-class tailored solutions to schools and business customers.
Fast-forward to present day, and EAC is a respected leader in educational and commercial IT – now also aiming to ‘give something back’ through our work in the charity sector.
Based in Buckinghamshire, but operational throughout the UK, we support customer’s right across the country – and we’re proud of the relationships we have with each and every one. From SME’s to schools and colleges, we work closely with our customers to deliver a highly personalised service, with many of our clients coming to view us simply as an extension of their own IT team.
Working within the Support Team, you would be required to work with the other helpdesk technicians to respond to customer support requests, from the office.
You will jointly ensure the smooth operation of the helpdesk team you are a member of, ensuring our core helpdesk processes are adhered to; First Response, Escalations, Follow up, Resolutions.
You will demonstrate a good level of communication and customer service skills, in dealing with customer support queries over the telephone, email and using remote support tools.
- Support the other members of your team.
- Adhere to the core helpdesk processes, within your team.
- Provide first line technical support via telephone, email and remote access control.
- In line with Service Management Principles, provide a high level of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of customer problems and be proactive when dealing with customers issues.
- To log and update all calls on the call logging system.
- Escalate more complex calls to an appropriate IT Support member.
- Liaise with external support partners, such as Vendors like Microsoft, Dell and Aerohive where necessary for any problems which cannot be resolved in-house.
- Assist other people within the organisation with the preparation of documentation such as a scope of work.
- Assist other members of the team with their own duties where required.
Desired skills, qualities and experiences:
Key Technology Areas:
- Microsoft Windows, and some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Core Networking Services; DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Firewalls, TCP/IP
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Client Server Applications
- Operating System & Application Deployment and Updating
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Team player
- Logical thinker
- Customer service focus
- Self-motivated, with good time management skills
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism with the customer, other team members and third parties
GCSE’s in at least 5 subjects, including English and Maths at Grade C or above.
- Pay Increase
- Team Events - Go Karting, Topgolf
- Perk Box
- Pension Scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.