DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider — we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Job overview: [to become a Field Support Apprentice based in Heathrow.]
You will primarily spend time in the IT Field Support Department (Heathrow) with a view to possibly expand your knowledge in two other sections (IT Service Desk, and Infrastructure/Security) which would eventually provide a good all-round view of IT within Schenker.
- Telephone support
- Incident resolution
- Desktop/laptop build
- Mobile device setup
- Global Workplace (Office 365, Azure, InTune)
- Active Directory
- Printing Services
- Hand Held Devices (Scanners)
- Branch Health Checks/Cyber Cafés
- Remote Support
- Data Centre
IT Service Desk:
- ITIL Ticket Handling
- Central Service Training
- Global Applications
- Local Cluster Support
- Telephone Support
- Customer Service
- To have good customer service skills and the ability to respond appropriately when dealing with all internal departments and external sources.
- General administration skills
- Build good relationships with internal Schenker departments.
- External Customers and Suppliers.
- Great ability to solve problems and methodically work through challenges.
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to be the best.
- High levels of energy, sound judgement and determination to achieve with a sense of urgency.
- An open minded consultative approach.
- Ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Confident in approaching and speaking to new people]
- 5 GCSE’s total, grade D and above
- Minimum GCSE grade C/standard in English and Maths (or equivalent) essential
- Basic computer skills desirable
- Potential for a permanent contract at the end of the apprenticeship 2 year fixed term contract.
- Potential to progress within the IT Department.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.