IT Business Manager is required to join a forward thinking organisation from their head office based in central Portsmouth.
The role of an IT Business Manager will be to provide strategic and leadership to the growing IT needs and IT applications that either are used, being developed or being considered. You will engage with other departmental leaders across the business to understand their needs, providing support on the effective use of technology to drive business developments. Furthermore you will manage expectations from the business and focusing IT activity to develop IT applications effectively and in a timely manner.
You will be expected to:
- Monitors everyday operations of application development team and provide regular feedback
- Assists internal departments and provides regular feedback to operations team
- Develops professional relations with customer and establishes effective solutions to meet business requirements
- Analyses business requirements and develops enhancements to achieve effective results.
- Support development of appropriate cost vs benefit analysis business cases.
- Prepares designs and maintain cost for various business application developments
- Work with business and IT teams to develop project plans and effectively manage all deliverables
- Leads and manages a team to provide effective and efficient use of business systems
- Analyses current system / business processes and support design of functional requirements
- Develops work schedules and ensures all application work within work schedule
- Manages efficient work of various teams and participate in associated activities
- Determines and analyses various processes and implements changes for improvement
- Collaborate with architectural and quality assurance team and achieve all quality deliverables
- Performs research and develops new systems and applications for new and current systems
- Administers departmental programs for organisation
- Prepares documents and evaluates for accuracy
- Manages and provides support to critical business application systems
- Plans budgets and manages all operations within control expenses
The ideal candidate for the role will be working within a similar role at the moment and will have:
- Strong analytical skills
- Has a wide understanding and experience of business processes and structures
- Has previously held business systems analyst roles
- Has strong influencing skills and can engage people easily
- Experience in Agile software development is important in the role
- Has led a team of professional people and can demonstrate experience in structuring own team to meet business needs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and can demonstrate adapting style to meet the needs of the organisation
- Can demonstrate management of complex and large scale projects
- Is likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince II or APM would be advantageous
Some occasional travel to other offices is required as well.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer an excellent benefits package and are looking for someone who feels they can make the role their own.
£60,000.00 - £70,000.00 per year