IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
What you will do
Johnson Controls is undergoing a massivebusiness transformation programme. Many initiatives are technology enabled. BusinessAnalyst input is expected to review and define user journeys, businesscapabilities/requirements and processes with a strong steer for businessprocess improvements/changes in order to fit in with industry best practicesand stay within the boundaries out of the box product capabilities whereapplicable.
How you will do it
Business Analysts support alignment ofBusiness and IT objectives, identify opportunities for process advancementleveraging technology, support creation of business capability and technologyprojects, translate business capabilities into functional requirements, analyseany gap between As Is and To Be state and work with business stakeholders andIT Delivery teams to develop, test and deploy solutions.
- Support alignment of strategic and tacticalbusiness objectives with corresponding IT objectives, partnered with businessstakeholders and enterprise IT colleagues.
- Support business risk management,regulatory compliance (ex: Sarbanes-Oxley), Information Security, and auditremediation activities.
- Identify opportunities for processadvancement leveraging technology.
- Participate in ideation activities tocreate high-level process and technology roadmaps. Contribute into businesscase creation.
- Participate in creation of IT Investmentproposals, partnered with business stakeholders and IT Delivery colleagues.
- Map business objectives and capabilityneeds to specific business functions and processes.
- Conduct discovery and document userstories, business requirements, functions, processes, and enablingtechnologies.
- Map business process flows, including allcritical data elements (e.g., supplier, input, process, output, and customer).
- Translate business capabilities and processdesigns into functional requirements and/or user stories and work with businessstakeholders to review and secure sign-off/agreement on requirements/stories.
- Work with business stakeholders and ITcolleagues to develop, test, and deploy solutions that meet business capabilityneeds and ensure successful achievement of scope, cost, schedule, quality,adoption, and value outcomes.
- Provide expertise and input into solutiontesting scenarios and participate in User Acceptance Testing.
- Participate in development of solutiontraining material and execution of change management activities.
- Maintain relevant data attributes ofsolutions in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Support business continuity and disasterrecovery efforts.
- Support utilization of IT-internalgovernance processes.
What we look for
- Minimum 5 years of experience as IT Business Analyst
- Minimum 2 years of proven IT Agile project delivery participation
- Proven experience of delivering different projects, e.g. ERP, CRM, virtual reality, data projects, data analytics, service
- Good understanding of business process analysis and Business Change Management
- Ability to multitask
- Experience working with Developers or Business SMEs
- Good analytical skills and interpersonal skills to interact with various business process representatives
- Process design documentation experience using flow charts
- Ability to articulate business process requirements to a development team (and vice versa: IT requirements to the business) in order to support the implementation
- Sound knowledge of Project Management practices and principals
- Good knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Great verbal and written communications skills. English language to a business proficiency level
- Ability to travel within the UK
Agile or Scrum certification
Master’s Degree in IT
Experience in process optimization/ standardization in complex matrix international organisations
Job Information Systems
Primary Location GB-Manchester
Source : Johnson Controls, Inc