We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Business Analyst to lead the development of new business systems and business process review. You will be working from home remotely on a full time, fixed term basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £45,000 per annum.
Wey Education plc is the AIM listed holding company of an educational group providing services online worldwide. Using state-of-the-art digital technology, Wey operates two established divisions – InterHigh, a non-selective fee-paying online secondary school, established in 2005 and a B2B division serving other educational providers, schools, local authorities, and other public bodies, Academy21.
With a 15-year track record, Wey is the UK’s leading company in this sector and has successfully educated thousands of students over its history. Although “for profit”, Wey is conscious that its services directly affect the lives of its pupils and students and therefore strives to ensure they achieve outstanding progress and outstanding results.
The IT Business Analyst role:
Wey Education plc have established a new role of an IT Business Analyst reporting to the CTO to work with Wey colleagues to lead the development of new business systems and business process review, maximising the use of the organisation’s key systems and advising the Wey’s business users on the database implications of business projects and business process developments. Additionally, ensure that programmes and business improvement projects are delivered to the appropriate quality, timescale, and budget, liaising with colleagues and external partners, and managing expectations.
As our IT Business Analyst you will:
- Be a key lead on design of solutions for the business
- Liaise with the Project Manager and other key IT team leaders to facilitate implementation of agreed changes to database configuration/set-up, and support user groups and managers by developing database solutions to evolving business requirements
- Implement quality assurance procedures and conduct post project evaluations to ascertain their effectiveness
- Ensure all project documents (Business Requirements, Acceptance Criteria and User Stories) are complete current and stored in accordance with organisational requirements
- Produce relevant system documentation such as User Guides, Quick Cards, SOPs, and Training Manuals
- Ensure all project support documents needs (e.g. User Manuals, Guides, and SOPs) have been assessed and assigned to the appropriate person
Our ideal IT Business Analyst will have:
- Relevant Business Analyst qualification
- Education to degree level or equivalent commercial experience
- Desirable: Prince 2 project management qualification or equivalent project-based experience in IT project environments
- Excellent communication skills including listening, negotiating and interpretation, establishing rapport, understanding needs, and reaching agreement with others. Able to adapt working style and communications appropriately to different levels
- Ability to think logically has a demonstrated track record of researching and investigating issues and problem-solving
- Can build successful and effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and can manage these relationships over a sustained period
- Confident attitude to using initiative and taking responsibility, e.g., decision-making, project management, running meetings
- Excellent time management skills including planning, effectiveness, efficiency, reliability
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. Able to work independently and effectively and use own initiative to deliver projects
- Demonstrable experience of defining and achieving objectives and working with business users to achieve objectives
- Has a good understanding of operational management and, ideally, a sound knowledge of working with IT systems
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practise across the school.
Please click ‘apply’ today to join Wey Education plc as our IT Business Analyst and be a key part of its growth as Wey changes the face of education worldwide – we would love to hear from you.