This role will report directly to the Regional IT Audit Director, the IT Audit Manager plays a key role in delivering independent assurance over the design and effectiveness of internal controls within the UK&I, EMEA and APAC regions of Experian, and influencing changes to the control environment so that risk is managed more effectively.
Key responsibilities include;
- Assists the Regional Head of Internal Audit and Global IT Audit Director in developing the annual Internal Audit activity plan. Manages ongoing relationships with the key stakeholders to whom they are assigned, to ensure the plan stays up to date and aligned to strategic priorities and key risks
- Develops the scope of internal audit reviews and agrees them with management.
- Plans and executes internal audits including coordinating the audit process with key stakeholders, managing the activities of other internal auditors (local and overseas), and peer reviewing the quality of work performed.
- Prepares draft reports reflecting the results of work performed, and agrees the findings and proposed actions with the business owners.
- Present findings to senior managers of the business and the Global Internal Audit Executive management team.
- Performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues, where needed
- Undertakes other ad hoc, project and investigation work as required.
- Acts as a champion for the concepts of internal control and risk throughout Experian.
- Maintains a professional development plan to improve technical, interpersonal and management skills consistent with Experian's requirements and talent management philosophy.
T his role would suit those who can demonstrate the following;
- Demonstrates high levels of personal integrity at all times.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Influencing skills and gravitas, so that senior management will buy-in to changes being proposed.
- The ability to work independently and proactively.
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to governance and change.
- A problem solver who proposes innovative solutions.
- An approach that champions collaboration and consultation.
- University degree with strong academics.
- Experience of working in a multinational environment.
- Exposure to the IT/technology sector.
- Deep technical IT knowledge in relevant areas (e.g. data security; cloud computing; data loss prevention; software development methodologies; etc.)
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CISA; CISSP; ITIL; CISM) desirable
- 'Big 4' and/or internal audit experience desirable.
Please note that this role will involve c20% overseas travel.
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,200 people in 44 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.