Kick-start your IT career with a degree apprenticeship at Blackpool and The Fylde College. These opportunities provide a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates, and consist of paid employment, plus a fully-funded Lancaster University accredited BSc (Hons) degree.
Two opportunities are available and will be matched with an appropriate degree in Cyber Security, Software Development, or Systems Administration.
Post 1: IT Infrastructure
Post 2: Software Development
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to begin their future career within IT.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, customer-focused, keen-to-learn and IT-savvy. Any experience of working in an IT Support Team would be highly advantageous.
After successful completion of an induction and orientation process, candidates will join one of the IT Service sub-teams, where they will receive mentoring and support from colleagues in order to support them in their role. The work pattern is four days per-week working, with one day per week for study (term-time), and five days per week working (non term-time).
This is a fixed-term opportunity that will run alongside the duration of the Apprenticeship (3 years).
Rewards and Benefits
In return, B&FC offers a competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services
£10,000 per annum