Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin is used by more than 26 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries.
The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Manager.
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Provide desktop and server support
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with ability to prioritise and execute tasks.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5:30pm (Wednesday, 9:30am - 6pm) / 37.5hrs per week.
We have a great history of recruiting IT apprentices within our organisation and fully support learners who have started the level 3 journey, up to Level 6 degree learning within our organisation, there really is no better time to become a part of an exciting business that supports users across the globe.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.