Your IT Apprenticeship in Altrincham delivered by NowSkills
You will be working as an IT Apprentice based in Altrincham. As an IT Apprentice you will learn a range of new IT skills and tools. In your IT Apprenticeship you will be working a long side a team of skilled IT Engineers and work on the help-desk line to support clients with any first line technical issues which may include, email errors, hardware issues and so on.
Your IT Apprenticeship responsibilities
This is a paid learning employment opportunity to earn whilst you learn in an IT Apprenticeship. As an apprentice your duties will include:
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware, software and networking issues
- Build PC's and replace computer components
- Provide first-line IT support
- Learn how to use new IT tools
- Log tickets into the companies system
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software
Interested? This IT Apprenticeship's qualifying requirements
- Grades A-C in GCSE Maths & English Language (can include equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 2)
- Passion for IT and computers
- Eager to start your career as an IT Apprentice
- Enjoy student discounts from technology to fashion
- 20% off the job training time
- Extra vendor qualifications
IT Apprenticeship typical working hours
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm (1 hour lunch break)
What kind of training will you receive?
Training will take place in our classroom locations, online and face to face with our mentors. Your employer's line manager will also support you and teach you skills.
During your IT Apprenticeship, you will be assigned a supportive and well experienced tutor who will provide tasks and targets to you to help you obtain the best possible grade.
Qualifications you will receive (varies with the employer's projects)
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (awarded by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education)
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Coding and Logic
Future Prospects - Why an Infrastructure IT Apprenticeship?
If you’re a problem solver with a keen interest in IT an IT Apprenticeship could be the right choice for you! Below are just a few examples of the kind of roles you could head into after your IT Apprenticeship:
- Network Manager: £30,000 - £35,000 a year
- Infrastructure Assistant Manager: £29,000 a year
- Help-desk Team Leader - £21,500 a year
Launch your career in IT and start your IT Support Apprenticeship - APPLY TODAY!