Your IT Apprenticeship in Widnes delivered by NowSkills
NowSkills is one of the country's leading Digital Training providers delivering the latest Apprenticeship standards and are proud of our 94% pass rate with our Digital Apprentices. If you're a tech savvy individual with a passion for IT, why not join hundreds of successful NowSkills Apprentices and take the first step in your IT career. We will support and guide you throughout your IT Apprenticeship and make sure that you get the education you deserve.
This is a paid learning employment opportunity to earn whilst you learn in an IT Apprenticeship during and after your IT Apprenticeship your duties will include:
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications
- Assisting staff with any logged IT related incident when called upon
- Accurately recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT service desk system
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
- Supporting clients with networking issues
About your potential new Widnes Employer
You will be working as an IT Apprentice at a large and professional IT specialized company who are based in Widnes. In your IT Apprenticeship you'll be required to Install end-to-end solutions, Learn about the different components a computer has and how to replace them. You will be working along side a team of supportive and well experienced IT engineers which will mentor you to get the skills and education that you deserve.
IT Apprenticeship with NowSkills: Kick-start your IT Career today!
NowSkills are an experienced and dedicated geeky team who are trained to find and fill IT support Apprenticeships with young learners within the North West of England. We work exclusively with some of the UK’s leading IT Apprenticeships employers.
Interested? This IT Apprenticeship's qualifying requirements
- Grades A-C in GCSE Maths & English Language (can include equivalent e.g. Functional Skills Level 2 or A-Levels)
- Passion for IT and computers
- Good communication skills
- Hungry to succeed in the IT industry
- 20% classroom and individual based study time
- Enjoy student discounts from technology to fashion
- 28 days paid annual leave
- regular staff outings
- Free TGMT 28 day travel card
IT Apprenticeship typical working hours
Monday - Friday, 9am-5.00pm (1 hour for lunch)
How does an IT Apprenticeship in Widnes work? (You don't pay to do your Apprenticeship!)
Your IT Apprenticeship is a government funded training course where you are employed as an IT Apprentice and paid by a local employer in the IT support industry, During your 15-month placement NowSkills will support you with a range of training courses and mentoring allowing you to pass industry recognized vendor examinations.
What kind of training will you receive?
Training will take place in our classroom locations, online and face to face with our mentors. Your employer's line manager will also support you and teach you skills.
During your IT Apprenticeship, you will be assigned a supportive and well experienced tutor who will provide tasks and targets to you to help you obtain the best possible grade.
Qualifications you will receive (varies with the employer's projects)
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Network Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technology Associate: CompTIA Network +
- Microsoft Technology Associate:Server Admin
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- MTA HTML 5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Enabling Office 365 Services
Future Prospects - Why an Infrastructure IT Apprenticeship?
If you’re a problem solver with a keen interest in IT an IT Apprenticeship could be the right choice for you! An IT Apprenticeship will help you to gain the qualifications, skills, a salary, no student debt and the work experience you need to prosper in the IT industry.
Below are just a few examples of the kind of roles you could head into after your IT Apprenticeship and the kind of salary you could receive:
- Network Manager: £30,000 - £35,000 a year
- Infrastructure Assistant Manager: £29,000 a year
- Helpdesk Team Leader - £21,500 a year
Application Process - How do I learn more about this opportunity?
If you're interested in becoming an IT Apprentice? All you need to do is click apply! It will send you to the NowSkills website where you can apply. Once applied, our advisors will contact you to discuss the role in more detail.
If you're interested and the employer would like to interview you, don't worry! We are there to support and guide you through the process. NowSkills are in your corner, we have a 94% success rate with our IT Apprenticeships and if you come on board with us and our employers, we will look after you.
IT Apprenticeship positions fill fast and are in demand, the sooner you apply the sooner you can start. In 2018 our average time from applying to starting an IT Apprenticeship was 17 days.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Launch your career in IT and start your IT Support Apprenticeship - APPLY TODAY!
20% off the job learning time