OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
Primarily responsible for the remote configuration and commissioning of customer solutions over the MSP, ITN and legacy core MPLS networks, the Build Test and Integrate (BT&I) department support the provisioning of Vodafone core IP & Data products, whilst also providing associated Remote Access, Transmission Build,L1 L2 & L3 Testing and Customer Reporting requirements.
The job holder will be responsible for a subset of the above tasks / duties, based on their deployment within BT&I, and as directed by their line manager, but may be required to adapt or assist with other aspects as operationally required. Additionally, manage customer orders, network designs, and carry out technical validation to ensure the integrity of network inventory, systems, and databases is maintained. Further there may be a requirement to support the delivery of key business or customer Projects.
Note: SC Clearance (or eligibility) is a mandatory requirement of this role
- Responsible for the configuration, installation and testing of customer CPE equipment and associated PE configuration over Vodafone core networks, whilst ensuring that all associated customer and network documentation is maintained, inclusive of standard and non-standard customer solutions
- Prior to customer utilisation, and in accordance with customer network design criteria, ensure quality assurance is maintained.
- Carry out network configuration and associated activities in adherence to approved Local Work Instructions and GDA configuration guidelines in order to ensure that the integrity of core networks, all systems, databases, and network inventory is maintained
- Required hours of work will be to suit the client's needs/demands this will include night/weekend work or split shifts.
- Validate and carry out planned customer network changes both inside, and outside of departmental core working hours
- Carry IP Address allocation, whilst ensuring that associated systems and databases are accurately maintained.
- Achieve agreed performance levels in line with Business targets, Customer requirements and functional SLA's, whilst also ensuring proactive management of order queues within associated order management systems
- Escalate issues and potential delays through Line Management channels in accordance with standard procedures to ensure that SLA's are not breeched
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND INTERFACES
- RTO and RTT with Assure
- Field Engineers
- Global Design Authority in Network Operations
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Skills and Experience)
- Demonstrating a strong background in data communications with a clear understanding of technologies and systems used, this should include some of the below;
- Cisco Routers & Switches, PPP, MLPPP, Ethernet, Alcatel and Juniper devices.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP protocols & services (TCP/UDP, IPSec, VoIP, SNMP, DNS, Radius/TACACS+, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Understanding of MPLS VPN fundamentals and their application within a Service Provider environment, including the application of QoS mechanisms.
- Experience in the maintenance of an enterprise data network architecture
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills - sensitive to customer's needs, patient, pleasant and diplomatic
- Able to work and resolve simple problems using own initiative with minimal external input
- Experience of provisioning tools and network management applications such as Oracle IPSA, Alcatel 5620 SAM, Cramer
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in Computer or Telecommunications Engineering
- Essential: Valid Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification
140.00 - 150.00 /per day