Investment Operations Analyst
Institutional Outsourcing, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment processing service group that provides back office accounting, performance and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Wealth Management, Pension Funds and REIT clients. The UK Institutional Outsourcing team are searching for an Investment Operations Analyst to support their Wealth clients both domestically and internationally.
The person in this position will be responsible for monitoring and managing issues related to the daily trade and investment lifecycle tasks related to the investment operations of wealth management client. Responsibilities will include oversight of activity and exceptions related to market data, trades, settlement, corporate actions, pricing.
- Monitoring and management of issues related to investment and trade lifecycle managed in task management system.
- Trade support – Matching, trade settlement and confirmation, DTCC CTM / Tradesuite SWIFT.
- Work in partnership with product teams to resolve issues as they occur and improve overall processes.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of investment portfolios with multiple custodian banks.
- Update security and portfolio level class schemes and properties.
- Verify and maintain security static and dynamic data.
- Verify and maintain portfolio static and dynamic data.
- Trade capture and issue resolution.
- Corporate Action Monitoring and lifecycle processing.
- Address ad hoc inquiries from the client/custodian banks including wealth related topics, trade support, Corporate Actions and reporting enquiries.
- Identify inefficiencies in the current production processes and make recommendations on how to improve them.
- Maintain internal client support logs.
- SLA and statistical Reporting.
- Documentation of processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Previous investment operations experience within Middle Office or Back Office within Outsourcing, Wealth Management or Asset Management Industry.
- Experience working in a time sensitive investment operations environment.
- Previous experience with investment performance measurement preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft SQL preferred.
- Previous experience with task management tool preferred.
- Previous trade support and experience with SSI’s
- Strong knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as Equity, Fixed Income, Collectives and Derivatives
- Investment life cycle knowledge
- Corporate Actions Lifecycle experience.
- Proven ability to meet strict periodic deliverables
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player and work ethic
- Finance related degree or relevant Qualification preferred
SS&C Technologies, Inc. provides mission-critical software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and went public in 1996. SS&C employs a disciplined and highly focused acquisition strategy to increase the breadth and depth of its product and service offerings and capitalize on evolving market opportunities. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 44 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets.
SS&C has more than 24,000 employees worldwide, located in the Windsor, Connecticut headquarters, and offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance. Our clients manage, in aggregate, over $44 trillion in assets and choose SS&C as their preferred vendor for our expertise.
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C GlobeOp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws