Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The Equity Solutions Group (“ESG”) within Private Wealth Management (“PWM”) is responsible for all equity-related offerings for PWM clients. ESG covers a wide product scope, including structuring ideas, tactical strategies, as well as discretionary solutions. ESG provides clients with thematic equity investment opportunities, single stock strategy expertise, a variety of implementation capabilities across over the counter and listed derivatives, and unique discretionary strategy investment opportunities.
The Single Stock Risk Management (SSRM) group within ESG provides single stock hedging & monetization solutions to PWM clients with concentrated single name equity exposure. SSRM is currently seeking a Vice President/Executive Director to work as a client-focused member of the marketing team. The candidate will be involved in the marketing and origination of single stock solutions with PWM clients across cash and derivative products. The candidate must have a strong client focus and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with OTC derivatives as well as equity structuring and marketing is preferred.
The Single Stock Risk Management (SSRM) group partners with PWM clients holding concentrated single stock positions to provide customized advice and execution capabilities while maintaining a product agnostic client focus. The group offers a wide array of products, including OTC and Flex derivatives, hedging strategies, monetization strategies including block trading, and a discretionary option writing strategy, the Goldman Option Advisory Services (GOAS). The SSRM team evaluates each client’s objectives in conjunction with stock specific characteristics to determine effective and customized strategies, with consideration to applicable securities law and possible tax implications.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Managing both internal and external relationships with private wealth advisors, clients, cross-divisional partners, and global counterparts
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders in order to achieve client objectives
- Working seamlessly and efficiently to provide effective and organized client coverage across all PWM clients in a scalable fashion
- Creating marketing materials and stock analytics for single stock solutions for prospect and client distribution
- Actively communicating updates of ongoing ESG strategies/trade ideas with advisors and clients
- Tracking historical statistics, deal information and uncovering future pipeline opportunities
- Monitoring risks and producing revenue analytics for management
- Working on projects to streamline processes and improve technological infrastructure
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5 years of capital markets experience and/or equity derivatives background
- Interest in markets, equities and derivatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Independent thinker who is logical and analytical
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.