Job Title - International Tax Manager
Department - Tax
Hiring Manager - Tax Director
Key Responsibilities -
- Managing overseas tax compliance for Europe and Asia - variety of tax filings and payments. This involves managing and meeting overseas tax filing deadlines, liaising with local financial controllers and tax advisers.
- Review of non-UK tax returns where required for multiple jurisdictions across EMEA and non-US entities.
- Assisting Tax Director with setting tax strategy, policies and procedures and driving tax structuring for the region.
- Taking lead point in specific projects e.g. country specific research and tax audits.
- Assisting with transfer pricing policy, preparing and maintaining appropriate supporting documentation, assessing impact of latest OECD and BEPS developments.
- Oversee compliance with local tax residence requirements and analysing applicability of double tax treaties.
- Month end/quarter end/ yearend tax provisions and tax reporting for listing purposes in the US. This process involves tax packs and summaries in specific formats and creation of tax journals for posting by Finance department. The reporting is of Current Tax, Deferred Tax - provided and un-provided, different types of timing differences and Tax Payments made by the group.
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations of Tax Balances for the Tax Director.
- Overseeing administrative tasks which includes writing to HMRC, processing tax payments, obtaining tax residence certificates, withholding tax exemption documentation (US W8 and W9 forms), making elections, filing of tax documentation.
- Flexibility to assist with UK tax computation returns and filing as necessary.
- Awareness of other taxes e.g. VAT, GST, US tax, FTT, FATCA.
Skills / Experience Required -
- Accounting qualification (ACA) - knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, understanding of deferred tax, able to prepare tax notes for accounts etc.
- EMEA Tax experience to the extent of being able to co-ordinate overseas tax filings.
- Ability to co-ordinate with a number of contacts at short notice to tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle large volumes of data using excel.
Personal Attributes -
- Problem solving - proven ability to take complex business requirements and translate these into tangible, workable and commercially smart solutions leveraging best practice tools and techniques
- Commercial awareness - demonstrated ability to see, understand and advise on resourcing matters from a business perspective, establishing credibility, trust and respect from Senior Management
- Financial Services experience / US inbound tax experience desirable.
- Experience in other taxes e.g. Foreign Transaction Tax, FATCA compliance, UK tax rules, CT61 returns, stamp duty.
- A flexible and resilient approach, great degree of initiative, able to work on their own and to undertake research.
- Good communication skills - in writing and in liaising with others and ability to work as part of an international team.
Agency Notice -
- BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details
Source : BGC Partners