Affiliates Senior Planner Buyer, Dell
Department / Team
Business and Technology, EMEA
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
The Dell Account
MediaCom runs the Dell account globally, with our HQ in NY and client teams covering all regions; EMEA, APAC, LATAM and NA. It is a top 3 account for MediaCom globally and as such is prestigious and well-regarded both internally and externally.
Dell pride themselves as being at the cutting edge of technology and we emulate this through our media planning and buying. Innovation is therefore an increasing focus in our affiliate strategy demonstrated by the fact we were shortlisted for the “Best Retail Campaign” at the PMAs last year.
MediaCom provides end-to-end services for Dell, from strategy and planning, to buying across all media, plus content strategy, SEO and some creative services. So it is a truly integrated account which is a great way to understand how the full ecosystem connects together and affords the team the opportunity to be involved in watching the wider strategy come to life.
Dell is split into two businesses, Dell EMC (large corporate IT solutions) and Dell CSB (Consumer, Gaming (Inc Alienware) and Small Business laptops and solutions). This role is for Dell CSB.
This role would sit within the Affiliates team. Within our team we are responsible for a number of clients encompassing both traditional affiliate programs and lead generation across a number of verticals. This role is predominantly for the Dell account, which has grown significantly over the past couple of years. We now manage affiliates programs spanning four markets – UK, Germany, France and Sweden.
The Senior Planner Buyer’s role is to assist in the day-to-day running of the account by taking responsibility for all aspects of tactical implementation. They will report into the Affiliates Manager and assist in both forecasting and future campaign planning. There is also the opportunity to mentor more junior members of the team by assisting them with their client responsibilities and supporting their development and growth.
The team works very closely with the rest of the Dell planning team and other implementation channels such as social, search and display. We also regularly meet up with the other affiliates experts in MediaCom to share industry knowledge and key client learnings.
Team culture is incredibly important throughout MediaCom and the digital team is particularly active in ensuring a great work-life balance. We hold regular team meetings and training sessions which give everyone the opportunity to learn more about the wider digital landscape. We also have a great working environment, encouraging people to socialise outside of work through company and supplier events.
The Senior Planner Buyer will:
- Work with the Affiliates Manager on strategic management of the clients’ business objectives
- Manage budgets and forecasting in line with client expectations, including all areas of sales reconciliations
- Compile and present reports on performance to the client on a regular basis with weekly insights into the programmes
- Highlight any opportunities for growth and help identify and onboard new publishers
- Liaise and negotiate priority levels of exposure with the best performing publishers to maximise performance
- Identify any new areas of expansion and/or optimisation by keeping up to date with industry news and events
- Understand and support affiliates with tracking issues, reporting problems or interface issues
- Analyse previous campaigns and activity to effectively influence future plans
- Help manage more junior members of the team by supporting them in their day-to-day responsibilities
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- 2+ years of experience in performance marketing / an affiliates centric role
- Preferably have had experience working in either a media agency or affiliate network
- Past experience managing EMEA markets would be extremely favourable
- Experience owning and managing key client accounts
- Have great attention to detail and show accuracy in your work
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal English language skills/grammar
- ROAS is central to all our clients so being numerate and analytical with a high attention to detail is a must
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with media owners and clients – with the ability to push back and challenge where appropriate
- Strong project management skills to follow (and create) processes where necessary to improve team efficiency
- Should have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, effectively manage your own time and ensure that all client expectations are met
- Adaptable to the fast-paced nature of a large agency
More About Working for MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
The MediaCom network comprises of 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands our clients, including P&G, DLG, and Coca-Cola.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of our work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients.
We have our very own on-site bar, an events programme including BBQs and drinks on the rooftop terrace, sports and social clubs, a range of staff discounts and on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Want to know more? Follow us on twitter @MediaComUK and find out more about our award winning work here: http://www.mediacom.co.uk/en/results.aspx