We are seeking a driven and self motivated recruiter to join our growing team, you will be responsible for driving forward the companies recruitment strategy which supports the Companies exciting growth plans over the coming months and years. You will work across all business functions and regions within the business to support Managers with their talent acquisition activities and wider talent acquisition initiatives and projects. This role is pivotal to the Company’s success. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience within a recruitment function within a technical industry and be comfortable driving recruitment campaigns and influencing business stakeholders at all levels.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Talent acquisition operations – you will take ownership for all global recruitment across the the business driving a direct sourcing strategy, you will be responsible for relationships with managers, candidates, and our selected job boards and on occasion, our preferred agencies.
- Talent acquisition projects - you will be leading projects to deliver a range of global recruitment activities and campaigns, with emphasis on candidate experience and onboarding, talent acquisition quality & speed to hire, as well as developing our employer brand.
- With the support of the HR Team and Recruitment Administrator you will work with the wider HR function on recruitment strategy and with hiring managers to develop role specifications, build candidate pipeline, source and recruit all open vacancies using CV databases, social media, LinkedIn Recruiter etc
- Monitor and apply recruitment best practices to all sourcing activities and candidate evaluation/selection.
- Act as key point of contact on all recruitment activity and build influential candidate and stakeholder relationships
- Support managers with the hiring process, whilst applying best practice, evaluating candidate experience, conducting interviews and influencing recommendations for hiring.
- Negotiate offers and ensure a positive candidate experience through to onboarding with the assistance of the wider HR team.
- Initiate and identify change to recruitment process and methods used to enhance experience and promote a direct hire approach
- To be an advocate for the business, its strategy vision and values, in line with attracting & engaging the best candidates.
What we’re looking for:
Must have skills/experience:
- A proven track record of talent acquisition in a software or technology company, validated by metrics on previoues success and ability to impact and influence the business through campaigns, recruitment successes and new initiatives.
- Experience of sourcing candidates through multiple channels - networking, internet postings, university relations, social media etc.
- High levels of personal energy, initiative, motivation, drive to succeed, team-spirit.
- Strong technology skills to support the hiring process; Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Microsoft Office packages (esp. Excel); Broad knowledge of programming languages, web technologies, software development process and emerging technologies.
- Detail-oriented problem solver with a burning desire to generate new solutions to the recruitment challenge; able to develop processes to improve talent acquisition processes
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels and adapt quickly. This role is a global role and although overseas travel is not required, the successful candidate will be expected to adapt to coordinate with business functions globally as and when required. (travel between our London and Elstree offices will be required)
- Previous experience coaching and supporting business stakeholders on the recruitment process and effective hiring and selection methods.
- Ability to manage operational short-term demands with a need to deliver longer term projects, demonstrated project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Organised and methodical in working approach, adaptable to change and a team player.
We look for the following core competencies in everyone we hire at Smart Communications:
- Analytical Ability – effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying key issues.
- Planning and execution – monitoring progress, taking action when necessary to rectify situations / meet deadlines.
- Proactive – taking responsibility for making things happen.
- Social Magnetism – taking actions, that show awareness of one’s own impact on others.
- Teamwork – collaborating with and promoting collaboration between different parts of the business.
- Technical expertise – keeping up to date technically within one’s own functional area.
- Adaptability – stability of performance under uncertainty and pressure.
- Communication & influence – using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to influence others positively to obtain agreement between different interests.
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of success and over-achieving your goals. Salary will depend on your experience and will be highly competitive. All our packages include an annual bonus based on the Company’s performance, so we are all incentivised to over-achieve!
In addition to a friendly, flexible and fun working environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including extensive health insurance, income protection, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, leisure travel insurance, pension contribution and a Cycle2Work scheme, as well as 25 days’ holiday allowance.
We’re located in Elstree, just next to junction 4 of the M1 - it’s commutable in about an hour from Reading, Northampton, Cambridge and most parts of London.
So if we interest you, please let us know by applying for this position and tell us all about yourself.
Please note: we only consider applicants with current legal right to work in the countries in which our positions are based. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or gender identity.
To learn more about Smart Communications visit:
Are you looking to sink your teeth into a pivotal role within a growing HR team ? Are you excited by the tech space and want to join an innovative, market leading organization? Do you want to work for a fast-paced global company? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we want to hear from you!