We’re on the hunt for an awesome Internal Communications Lead to evolve the way WorldFirsters communicate with one another globally. Based at London Head Office, you will work closely with senior leadership in the UK and APAC to create communication strategies and drive engagement for 650 colleagues in 7 offices.
Nowadays most companies talk about people being ‘at the heart of everything we do’. In that sense we’re no different. But what does stand us apart is how hard we work to put our money where our mouth is to deliver on this.
This is a brand new role, a greenfield opportunity for a strategic and hands-on individual to lead to build, evolve, and deliver WorldFirst’s internal comms strategy.
- You’ll be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining our internal communications strategy, connecting what we do and why we do it, with the everyday reality of our WorldFirsters and will drive engagement through internal communications
- You will support our leadership team in delivering key messages. We want to celebrate success, and recognise and learn from failure, so you’ll play a key part in helping our leadership team convey both to WorldFirsters – connecting them with our overarching goals
- A natural storyteller, you will seek out interesting people and customer stories which bring our purpose to life and connect WorldFirsters to our customers
- A creative at heart, you will advise our Global Leadership Team on how to approach internal communications and seek out dynamic ways to convey key messages, taking us off of email and into the future, becoming a trusted expert!
- Understanding that knowledge is power, you’ll help create the narrative around “the why” – why we make the decisions we do, why are our goals so important to our vision? Etc.
- You’ll manage our internal communications channels (including email updates, the intranet, People Pulse and our leadership channel) and not be afraid to challenge the status quo of how we communicate
- You will drive the build-out of the WorldFirst intranet as an internal communication channel and apply governance to ensure a consistency of adoption and content quality across the channel
- You’ll need to be able to figuratively put pen to paper and produce great quality creative content for our People Pulse and Leadership channels
- You’ll be our tone of voice internally – working with the Marketing team you will create our WorldFirst internal personas and train departmental champions to create their own content, sense checking for consistency in tone and clarity
- As well as be the creative you will also need to be analytical – producing great content is no good if no one reads it, so you’ll be expected to measure the impact of your internal communication campaigns and with agility make tweaks to improve.
- You’ll support the People Team with campaign launches for our core people initiatives, ensuring that we’re able to add maximum value to launch because the initiatives are planned and communicated properly and we aren’t competing with the business for news space.
What you’ll bring to the party…
- You will have a proven track record for developing impactful internal communications strategies
- You are a story-teller with excellent writing skills, able to take our strategy and translate it into well-written and well-produced content
- You will have exceptional business-partnering skills, able to partner with senior executives to guide and advise them on effective communication techniques
- You will have experience across a range of communication channels; able to devise communication strategies across the most relevant and impactful channels
- Commercially minded with sensitivity to an organisation’s mission and vision, and the ability to resonate this with our employees
- You will be comfortable with autonomy and have the self-drive to create positive momentum in a greenfield role
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including; Annual volunteer day, season ticket loan, free breakfast, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, corporate discounts, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties – and more.