|Job Title||Internal Audit Manager - National Markets, Reading|
|Service Line Information|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
As a Manager in IARCS there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- Assurance mapping
- Creating annual audit plans for clients
- Providing internal audit services on both outsourced and co-sourced contractual basis
- Managing and directly delivering individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects which includes planning, review, quality assurance and reporting
- Working with client’s in house internal audit function to supply specialist or additional resource needed
- Process improvement projects
- Risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
- Risk identification workshops and control reviews
- Delivering control and risk training
- Managing and reviewing internal control questionnaires
- Corporate governance reviews
- Contract compliance audits
- Assessing effectiveness of internal audit functions, audit committees and boards
- Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery
- Working with members of other KPMG advisory teams
- Secondments to clients to assist with specific projects
- Delivering specific advisory projects
- Business development
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of UK-wide clients, maintaining relationships with senior KPMG and client staff and responsible for the financial performance and delivery of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how current and emerging legal, regulatory, governance, risk management, auditing, accounting and financial reporting standards affect their clients
- Undertaking KPMG's internal risk management and client engagement management procedures including client acceptance, continuance and engagement procedures
- Keeping up to date with all industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing audit strategies which address all audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the KPMG internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involving other KPMG staff, managing their input to the client
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient in line with IIA Standards and KPMG methodology
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Producing quarterly Audit Committee papers
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on risk management and internal audit methodology
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals
- Assisting partners in general business development
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- ACA / ACCA qualification or equivalent (Master’s degree in Finance / Accounting / Business).
- Accounting experience with another professional services firm.
- Managing Internal Audit and/or risk management engagements.
- Experience of being the main client contact for engagements and dealing with day to day interactions at FC / FD level.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within the corporate sector is a requirement.
- Business Development experience.
- Experience in managing teams and engagements.
Opening date: 20th of May, 2019
Closing date: 19th of June, 2019
Competitive salary and negotiable benefits
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy