Element has an opportunity for a Internal Audit Manager to join our growing team! This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector. The purpose of this role is to support the Group Internal Audit Director to provide independent, objective assessment of the effectiveness of internal control, risk management practices, and corporate governance processes across all Element businesses and support functions.
In this role you will work with the Group Internal Audit Director and the Co-source to establish and evolve Element Internal Audit’s data analytics capability. You will focus on the design, development and implementation of data analytics into all parts of the audit lifecycle to meet IA objectives by creating stakeholder value, improving audit efficiency, and providing enhanced assurance.
The role also requires the planning, execution, delivery and reporting of internal audits and reviews across the organization as directed by the Group Internal Audit Director.
- Working with the Co-source Data Analytics specialist, The Group Internal Audit Director and the Element Data Science Director, develop and implement data analytics into all parts of the audit lifecycle to support the audit plan, risk management and control improvement
- Execute a range of data analytics (e.g. descriptive through predictive) and create visualizations using specialist tools
- Identify where data and information can be used to assess risk and be integrated into audits including less data rich areas
- Help the business develop insight into the root-causes and potential impact of audit issues using analytics
- Execute internal audits and reviews using data analytics wherever possible from start to finish (this includes identification of risks, hypotheses to test, collaboration with management from terms of reference, through iterative fieldwork and visualization based reporting)
- Ensure that the audit coverage is adequate for the issuance of an overall opinion on internal controls and risk management practices to senior management
- Support other Internal Audit colleagues in their audit responsibilities to incorporate data analytics in their work
- Work with the business and develop and implement continuous monitoring and assurance processes
- Participate or lead special projects / audits / reviews / investigations as directed by the Group Internal Audit Director
- Monitor and follow up recommendations agreed with management arising from audits and reviews.
- Support the Group Internal Audit Director in the review, selection, sourcing and implementation of risk management software for company wide use. This will fully involve other members of the Element Internal Audit team.
- Using Data Analytics identify key risk indicator information for key controls to enable more dynamic, up to date or real time view of Element’s risk profile
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal audit, risk management and control supported by a recognized Internal Audit qualification (CIIA, CIA) and/or financial qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) or IT audit based qualification (CISA)
- Clear examples of a variety of audit areas including financial, operational, regulatory and commercial exposure
- Demonstrated experience of using a variety of analytics tools such as Power BI (preferred), Tableau
- Expertise in and experience with the data analytics cycle (data gathering, transformation, modeling, analytic execution, visualization and reporting)
- Strong knowledge of data governance practices, data cleansing/sanitization processes, analytical techniques and visualization methods
- Knowledge and experience with traditional database technology (i.e. SQL) and an understanding of data flow and handling
- Use of data extraction software, propriety or commercially available (e.g. IDEA, ACL)
- Direct exposure and analysis of ERP systems such as AX Dynamix, (preferred) Navision, Dynamics 365
- Strong understanding of auditing principles and techniques and excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, familiarity with PC and common business software
- Effective interaction / dealing with senior business management
Programming knowledge (SQL scripts, R, Python etc.) is of interest, but not mandatory
- Lead by example in promoting teamwork across EIA and cross-train UK team members to help embed analytics processes into all aspects of EIA work
Prepared to travel at relatively short notice; 30% to 50% international travel
Please apply by email to Mat.Hudson@element.com
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.