The Audit Analyst will assist in the annual risk assessment process, perform operational, financial and regulatory audits and assist on special projects.
The Audit analyst will work with Internal Audit Management to gain an understanding of the audit process (which includes but is not limited to the following):
- Internal audit fieldwork;
- Risk assessment process;
- Audit planning, audit program preparation (Risk and Control matrices), performing audit tests;
- Drafting of audit; and
- Assist Management in the remediation of audit findings.
It is expected that as the Analyst gains a working knowledge of the above, he or she will be able to take on greater responsibilities in writing detailed audit programs to test the internal controls, analyze the impact of issues noted, document findings and interface with line management to confirm accuracy of observations and agree upon action plans.
To support the IA function in providing management and the board with an independent assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's processes for controlling its activities and managing its risks. The Audit Analyst is expected to work with the Audit group in accomplishing the following:
- Perform risk-based audit work, including detailed walkthrough meetings, documentation review and substantive testing.
- Assess control strengths and weaknesses and determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Follow-up with accountable business, compliance leaders and their teams to ensure control issues have been resolved.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with middle level Management across the Firm.
- Prepare clear and concise audit work papers.
- To positively participate as part of the wider IA team in all situations.
- Ensure that audits are delivered on time and to a high standard.
Key Contacts and Working Relationships:
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the Firm.
- 1-3 years' experience of performing financial/operational audits.
- Internal Audit and/or consulting experience (preferably Big-4).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Self-motivated and being able to work independently and also part of a team.
- Ability to follow directions and receive constructive feedback on work products submitted for review.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- One or more certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CAMS) and/or graduate degree preferred.
- 1 -3 years' prior experience working in public accounting and/or internal audit.
To all recruitment agencies - BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details.