We currently require a Clinical Lead /Nurse specialist to join our team at The Martlets. Based in East Preston The Martlets offer Nursing, Residential and Respite care to up to 80 residents for a period of 6 months.
In addition to being a fully qualified nurse, you will need to have demonstrable experience supporting elderly service users, preferably those with dementia.
As well as being clinically responsible for certain operational areas, you will also take a significant role in the management of the staff team. You will be dealing daily with issues concerning sickness management, staff training and development, and coaching and mentoring. You will have an effective way of communicating with your team, and above all, act as a champion for everything that you do.
Shaw healthcare own and operate a variety of care settings across the UK. We employee over 4000 employees, all of which have a stake in our business. Being 90% employee owned helps us deliver outstanding result from which everyone can benefit.
You will report into the Registered Manager, playing an important part of the onsite clinical and management team. You will support the manager in leading and supervising a large staff team to deliver the highest standards of care. This role is central in maintaining and further developing our care principles, which centre on 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work with the local community, GP's and professionals to deliver care that truly enables residents to continue to lead as full a life as possible.Main Responsibilities
- To assist the Service Manager in providing leadership to staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality of care within a safe working and living environment
- To lead the nursing teams to provide high quality, person centred care and support in way which promotes: dignity; privacy; safety and independence and which promotes equality & diversity for everyone living and working in the Service.
- To support the Service Manager to manage the effective use of resources, including those which impact on the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times.
- To ensure the smooth and effective running of the transitional unit within the home and liaise with external health professionals.
- To provide Clinical Leadership and supervision within the Service
- Will have full accountability for Infection Control implementation and audit throughput the service.
- To understand the legal requirements of the prevailing care and other relevant legislation and ensure the Unit complies; sharing best practice with other Unit Managers appropriately.
- To have a full understanding and working knowledge of all Shaw healthcare policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To ensure that the rota complies with the staffing ratio, meets the needs of the Service Users and that additional resources are not used without appropriate planning and authorisation.
- To be aware of the statutory obligations and understand how the Service meets them (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To liaise effectively with Central Support Services, building good working relationships, as required for the good operation of the Service.
- To work as the infection control lead for the whole home and work with both internal and external partners to ensure high standards are adhered to.
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the Unit
- Nurse qualified with an a current PIN number
- A strong knowledge of person-centered care
- Able to demonstrate a strong leadership background
- Previous experience as a senior nurse or clinical lead