Interconnected Retail Applications Specialist ( Job Number: 200843 )
Brand : Estée Lauder Companies
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : Europe, Middle East, Africa-GB-ENG-Fareham
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : 1st (Day) Shift
Job Type : Standard
The consumer retail channel is of critical importance to the Estee Lauder Companies. The growth and expansion of our retail footprint, our connection with our consumers, and our desire to become “Amazing” retailers is key to the ELC business strategy. To support this strategy, our Information Technology organization needs to develop internal teams and capabilities necessary to support the business and to drive the IT strategy, architecture, and technology solutions that support the Estee Lauder Companies’ growth. We envision becoming one of the top IT organizations in the Retail/Consumer Facing space and seek talented, motivated employees to join us in our mission as we build our internal programs, processes, teams and capabilities.
The Interconnected Retail Applications Specialist will be part of the Regional IT Team, the individual will be working in a highly dynamic, fast changing, and fluid working environment, supporting the business to design and deliver retail solutions for use in our Freestanding and Department stores.
The team in which you will work, is responsible for the delivery of retail projects, system changes and technological solutions to meet the immediate needs of the business. You will be involved in providing technical third level support, and expertise for retail applications, owning task streams focusing across mobility (iOS devices and apps), infrastructure, networks and most importantly applications used in our retail environment, both bespoke and off the shelf from third party vendors. Solutions will need to meet and align with the regional and global Consumer Facing strategy, in working to deliver the retail roadmap over the next 3-5 years.
An effective problem solver who has an obsessive passion for retail with a positive personality and excellent background and experience of working in a time critical service environment. A strong work ethic and ability to work effectively within a team as well as take personal responsibility for meeting deadlines and keeping their technical and business knowledge up to date. Used to working in a changing and challenging environment, the successful candidate will have an evident "can-do" attitude and have demonstrated an ability to motivate and clearly communicate with other areas of the organisation.
The individual will be expected to have a passion for learning new technologies (not just someone who likes tech), but those who spend their time, researching, understanding and getting into the detail on a daily basis. Our cloud-based platforms require: Linux/Unix, Bash scripting, containers and container orchestration, Azure, AWS and Google Cloud, Git, Kubernetes, Elastic Search, OAutb, Jenkins, Spinnaker and similar technologies that need to be supported and managed.
Our environments require a concept of network infrastructure (running Cisco Meraki) and our operating systems run, Windows server 2012 and hybrid of Win7 and Win10, all of which run Microsoft SQL editions from 2008 onwards.
You will be expected to have business acumen and conversation to interface to non-technical teams and support our service operations on a regular basis, write referenceable documentation, apply change management principles and ensure incident management have access to applicable knowledgebase articles.
- Ability to work closely with multiple teams, business stakeholders and third-party vendors
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Own task and workstream activities that either complement or deliver in full, retail solutions for the business.
- Be part of a wider team on large scale project delivery
- Bring knowledge and experience in mobility and enterprise level mobile apps
- Become a Subject Matter Expert within the retail sector, to enhance the offering of the IT function
- Confidently work with suppliers in explaining requirements and assessing solutions, identifying opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Regularly work with the business in translating technical context to business level explanations.
- Support Business Analysts in identifying technical solutions to business problems and offer solid proposals to problems
- Support all work with documentation and detailed explanations of solutions
- Work alongside Infrastructure Network Analysts in ensuring global and regional solutions are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the UK region.
- Must be prepared to work out-of-hours or on non- working-days as may be required from time to time
- A detailed understanding of IT Infrastructure and Networks
- Solid experience in MSSQL database query/analysis or relational database models.
- Windows Unix product experience.
- Prometheus event monitoring Grafana database analysis tools
- Azure, Kubernetes Containers knowledge
- Past exposure within a Retail focused organisation, having worked directly with EPOS technologies.
- Good awareness of enterprise security best practices (PCI:DSS, PII, SOX)
- Service Management principles and associated processes, including Problem and Incident Management as well as Change Control procedures.
- Good problem analysis using recognised strategies.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to succinctly summarise and express the impact that a problem causes the organisation and users.
- ITIL V3/V4 Service Capability/Lifecycle or later
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at various levels of the organisation.
- An understanding of deployment, quality and business analysis best practice.
- Bash scripting, containers and container orchestration
- CI/CD: Azure Dev-Ops, Jenkins, Spinnaker or similar
- GIT database management.
- Experience in a Retail support environment
Estee Lauder Companies is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Source : Estee Lauder