Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position
This role is responsible for working collaboratively with the Record-to-Report Process Owner and the RTR General Ledger Accounting Manager in developing and sustaining business practices and/or procedures for the Record-to-Report process stream in the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) organization. This individual will also work with key financial and operations business partners to further optimize/enable business practices through the existing ERP ensuring all intercompany and treasury related accounting transactions are captured and reported accurately and timely in the company’s financial statements in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Work with Record-to-Report Process Owner in the Accounting Shared Services Organization, the ERP solutions team and the business partners to continue to drive process efficiencies through further automation in the EMEA Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC) organization
- Help to define, document and maintain process/procedures that support process standardization /optimization for the Record-to-Report team.
- Manage the daily activities of the Intercompany and Treasury team ensuring that the accounting transactions are processed accurate and timely which includes but is not limited to inter-company invoices processing and settlements and reconciliations and treasury accounting activities.
- Identify and resolve all issues for the Inter-co/ Treasury Accounting team timely in an effort to prevent any reporting inconsistencies in the general ledger from reporting period to reporting period.
- Participate in the financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions in order to ensure accurate and timely capture and recording of all accounting transactions in the appropriate period.
- Responsible for insuring that the Inter-co/Treasury team deliverables are compliant with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures, as well as, provide audit support to external / internal audit teams timely.
- Preparation of monthly KPI metrics and other analyses that allow for continuous monitoring of the Intercompany and Treasury team’s progress accurately and timely.
How you will succeed
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background
- Strong process and project management skills
- Strong process redesign and/or efficiency
- Innovative and able to think both analytically and conceptually
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in English and another Major European Language
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- A relevant qualification or accreditation with a professional body
- MBA highly desirable
- At least 5-7 years of progressive experience with at least 5 years dealing with processes and data related to transactional processing in the area of Record-to-Report. One or more years of leadership experience included is a must.
- Extensive Record-to-Report process knowledge, US GAAP technical expertise and Advance Excel skills
- Finance SSC Experience in large multinational company with a high volume, performance driven environment
- Must have SAP experience, especially for Intercompany and Treasury/IHC module
- Experience in a similar role within another large corporation
- Experience with leading projects to further automate manual business processes
- Change Management experience
- International management experience
- Managerial skills / experience leading multinational teams
- Big Four experience/background preferred
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance & Childcare Vouchers.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.