Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position
This role is responsible for ensuring Intercompany Transactions within the EMEA Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC) are captured and reported accurately and timely in the company’s financial statements in accordance to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Maintains Intercompany accounts for entities that are covered by the EMEA Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC):
- updating and maintaining Intercompany accounts for US GAAP & Statutory reporting
- timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as per template used by the EMEA FSSC
- timely analysis, identification, communication and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues
- prepares journal entries to general ledger
- prepares intercompany sales statements
- prepares intercompany balance statements and confirms balances with non-SAP trading partners
- issues Advices of Entry, AOEs (non-production cross charges)
- assures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period
- analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and arithmetic accuracy of accounting documents
- analyzes and researches and corrects issues related to accounting
- communicates issues with errors, procedure violations and discrepancies with all levels of management
- ensures intercompany documents (invoices, AOEs, allocations) are properly settled (via In-House Cash functionality)
Month-end closing activities including:
- assists when monthly reporting to Corporate (M’s and Q’s) as per Bio-Rad policies and procedures are submitted
- ensures HFM out of balances are timely solved (both covering own markets or at request of manager other EMEA markets)
- updates and maintains month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing schedules
- processes accruals during month-end close
- assists in preparation of QVRs (quarterly variances
- responsible for responding to any questionnaires from corporate
- Coordinates special projects and requests involving general accounting systems
Internal controls including:
- Performs internal control reviews for assigned control objectives required by section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Supports internal and external audit requests – before, during and after – as well as the completion of audit-required analyses.
- Answers auditing questions and resolves auditing issues.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures
How you will succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- A relevant qualification or accreditation with a professional body or proven sustained progress to obtain one
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for interacting with individual team contributors, business partners and senior management
- Previous experience and or knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required
- Analytical and problem solving background
- Experience in process and project management skills
- Innovative and able to think both analytically and conceptually
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in Intercompany, General Ledger or Treasury accounting for a large US Multinational company with a high volume, performance driven environment
- Experience identifying and investigating discrepancies in accounting records
- General ledger accounting experience including accountant analyses and expense analysis
Language Requirement: German AND English
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, & Life Insurance.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.