- Requisition ID: 223045, Integration Engineer
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Project: NS&E UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The job is likely to be executed through an NEC3/NEC4 target cost reimbursable/incentive fee contract.
The Integration Engineer will have a direct reporting line to the Package or Area Project Manager and a matrix reporting line to the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for technical integration across both design and construction.
- Supports procurement of design packages includin EOI, Pre-qualification, Tendering and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Develops scope of work and tender for design packages, working closely with stakeholders in the customer organisation.
- Assures compliance to requirements at design stage assessment – working closely with design providers, systems engineering and relevant stakeholders.
- Co-ordinates interfaces between design packages.
- Steers work packages through safety case governance process.
- Supports pre-construction planning value adding initiatives including constructability review, advance works packaging and wider risk management review.
- Responsible to report progress in design package delivery; holds design providers to account for engineering performance progress reporting and to verify that reporting.
- Assures compliance to technical change management protocols.
- Converts design package deliverables to implementation scopes of work and tender packages for construction and commissioning.
- Supports procurement of construction packages includin EOI, Pre-qualification, Tendering and Technical Bid Evaluation.
- Develops scope of work and tender for construction packages.
- Liaises with all design providers to deliver a co-ordinated Pre-Construction Information Package.
- Supports construction delivery by acting as point contact to triage Technical Queries, engage design provider support where necessary and to assure timely response to the field organization.
- Assures compliance to execution stage assessment – working closely with field supervision, systems engineering and relevant stakeholders.
- BEng or BSc in relevant technical discipline.
- The candidate will have a background in managing multiple design consultants delivering packages into major infrastructure works.
- The candidate will have followed at least two packages into construction delivery.
- Able to engage with and provide comprehensive written record of technical review meetings (e.g. Integrated Design Review).
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Familiar with systems based engineering approach.
- Familiar with design change management protocols, e.g. revision note processes, and how they integrate into wider project change management processes.
- Familiar with delivering projects within a highly regulated environment.
- Familiar with EPPR.
- Familiar with CDM2015 and specifically with Principal Designer duty.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Familiar with systems-based engineering approach to deliver projects.
- The candidate will have delivered at least one infrastructure project through concept, preliminary, detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Familiar with delivery of nuclear and/or defence projects.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.