Do you have proven experience working within corporate risk and insurance? Are you looking for a new challenge?
Pennon Group is one of the largest environmental infrastructure groups in the UK comprising both Viridor and South West Water. At the top end of the FTSE 250, the Group has a workforce of around 5,000 people nationwide. Together, our aim is to build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK providing infrastructure and services that enhance our customers' lives, protect the environment and deliver growth for our shareholders.
We now have an excellent opportunity for an Insurance Assistant to join our Group Risk and Assurance function based in Exeter.
The Insurance Assistant will provide help and support to the Group Insurance Manager; working as part the Group's Insurance team in supporting the subsidiary companies and external customers with insurance related queries. The role also includes managing a case load of motor non-fault recovery claims and maintaining the teams risk management information system. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and develop risk information databases using the Pennon Risk Management Information System (RMIS)
- Work with and support the Group Insurance Manager with the arranging of cover and the administration of the insurance programmes
- Respond to queries from the business and providing advice
- Compile premium allocations and deal with internal and external premium and accounting queries
- Handle own case load of motor non-fault recovery claims
- Organise certificates as required or evidence of cover documentation
- Liaise with insurance brokers to ensure all policy documentation is received in a timely manner and checked for accuracy
The ideal Insurance Assistant:
- Previous experience within Insurance would advantageous
- Excellent computing and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking ability
- Highly numerate mindset is critical, as is attention to detail
- An 'A-level' standard of education or its equivalent
- Confident and articulate with an ability to work with all levels of the business.
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Insurance Assistant, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £21,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience; plus, a range of benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as our Insurance Assistant, click apply today!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.