We are seeking Instrumentation Analyst for our Bioanalysis & Immunology department located in Elphinstone, Tranent.
- Operation and maintenance of a large fleet of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometer instrumentation.
- Use of scheduling tools to ensure efficient use of analytical instrumentation.
- Support the Laboratory Scientist in the day-to-day operation of a busy bioanalytical laboratory.
- Work in partnership with team members to ensure delivery of study data within a regulated framework.
- Have a degree (or equivalent) in analytical chemistry or a related discipline.
- Have a desire to pursue a career in analytical chemistry.
- Be comfortable working with Microsoft software packages.
- Have strong organisational skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience with liquid chromatography or mass spectrometer platforms would be advantageous though full training will be given.
- Experience working within a Good Laboratory Practice compliant laboratory would be advantageous though full training will be given.
The primary function of the Bioanalysis & Immunology Department is to perform quantitative analysis of drugs and/or metabolites in biological samples. This is achieved chiefly through the utilisation of hyphenated liquid chromatography techniques.
Salary banding for this position is £18,984 - £21,753. Successful candidates will be appointed to the bottom of the pay band if they have no relevant experience.
In exceptional circumstances where the candidate has relevant equivalent experience, this will be taken into consideration.