This hidden gem is expiring soon - don't miss this opportunity.
Electrical Calibration Engineer / Technician required immediately for a Permanent position in the Stevenage / Hitchin area. Salary is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications). The Electrical / Instrument Calibration Engineer will be working circa 39 hours (Mon - Fri Days) based over the core business hours.
The client will also consider recently qualified Electrical / Instrumentation Graduates, Apprentices, Trainees or experienced Field Service Tech, Test Eng. or similar trade who have used and calibrated Electrical / Electronic, Pressure, Temp, Acoustics or Accelerometry Instruments.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is negotiable, (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- 33 Days holiday inclusive of Bank Hols
- Company Pension
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Occasional O/T
- Employee perks package
Purpose of the role: To be responsible for all aspects of electrical instrument calibration to national standards and liaising with customers to ensure they receive a first class service.
The successful Instrument / Electrical Calibration Engineer day to day duties will include:
- Calibration of Electrical measuring instrumentation to National UKAS standards.
- Documenting and inputting data / results into computer.
- Maintain the Calibration Database and filing system
- Maintenance of Calibration Certification and files
- Assist with on the job training when required
- Assist in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participate in Interlaboratory measurement audits
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner
- Participate in external/internal audits as required by the Quality Manager within the customer facility.
- Ensure that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times and that adequate training and dissemination of knowledge on safety and other general matters is given to staff under your control.
- Endeavour to complete all work within the budgeted costs and target dates and ensure proper control and accounting of work in progress is maintained and that all information required for charging the customer is available.
- Occasionally you may be required to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
To be suitable for this Electronic / Instrument Calibration Engineer role you must have the following experience:
- Must have previous experience as an Electrical Instrument Calibration Engineer.
- Calibrating Electrical measuring instrumentation to National UKAS standards.
- Must have previous experience in one or more of the following equipment types digital and analogue measuring devices such as Multi meters, Insulation testers, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Counters etc.,
- Must be PC literate with knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision
- The ability to understand / interpret circuit diagrams will be advantageous.
- Experience of working within Customer focussed environment
The ideal Electronic / Instrument Calibration Engineer will have the following experience:
- Experience of Industrial process control (basic loop and control systems)
- Experience with RF/ Microwave Calibration
- Ability to calibrate client equipment on site.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline
- Previous experience of working in the calibration industry.
The successful Electrical / Instrument Calibration Engineer will need to be flexible as there may be overtime and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
Key Words: Calibration Engineer, Electrical, Pressure, Physical, Mass, Calibration Technician, Calibrate, Humidity, Metrology, Test and Verification, Instrumentation, Test & Measurement, Calibrating, ISO 9001 Electronic, Electrical Test Equipment, RF, Microwave, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Stevenage, Hitchin, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
If you are interested in the Instrument / Electrical Calibration Engineer / Test Technician role and have the required experience please click the apply now button.