About the position
As a member of the Learning & Development team here at Mimecast, this person develops training that helps disseminate complex information into clear, concise courseware including eLearning, tutorial videos and instructor led courses used by internal and external audiences. The role reports to the Senior Manager of Learning & Development. To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, courseware development skills from start to finish.
The Mimecast Learning & Development team builds compelling and effective courses and materials that close performance gaps of a variety of learners across a variety of internal and external audiences. The Instructional Designer works closely with clients across our product, sales enablement, customer experience, professional services, service delivery and human resources organizations. He/She owns instructional and course materials throughout their development and utilization lifecycle.
- Create engaging end user / administrator instructional content for external learners accessing Mimecast Academy. The courses will measurably assist in performance improvement resulting in reduction of call volume resulting in case load reduction via effective technical knowledge transfer
- Create engaging instructional courses and content for Mimecast employees via the Mimecast University that results in improved performance, increased effectiveness and engagement
- Edit, revise and improve content developed by SMEs to make it pedagogically sound and consumable for learner consumption and use
- Consult with clients to project scope, performance outcomes and delivery timescales to ensure deadlines are met adequately and resulting courseware meets performance goals
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of instructional design experience (may include internships)
- BA or BS degree in instructional design or related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience with common web and multimedia authoring tools (such as Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline, and Camtasia)
- Ability to gather and analyze the information needs of the audience
- Ability to create structured, effective and professional courses in a variety of modalities (eLearning, VILT, ILT etc)
- Storyboard, design and develop tutorial videos
- Ability to edit audio
- Strong interviewing and listening skills
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy learning new methods of instructional design, instructional technologies and tools
- An appreciation for the visual including graphics and flow
- Knowledge and experience of evaluating training e.g. use of Kirkpatrick evaluation model
- Experience of using the ADDIE model across the full training cycle
- Desire to develop learning and development expertise in areas such as training needs analysis, data analysis and delivery
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working in a global function
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, pension, life cover, child care vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who have ‘’that extra something’’ and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?
Mimecast is a global company with certain business operations in North America. By responding to this advertisement you are agreeing to your details, including any personally identifiable information therein, to be transferred to Mimecast North America, Inc. Mimecast North America, Inc will maintain adequate technical and organizational measure to protect your personally identifiable information and shall use it for the purposes of assessing suitability for this role. Should you wish to respond to this advertisement but do not consent to such transfer, please notify us in advance so that we are able to make alternative arrangements.
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.