You will be working a task list of jobs that need carrying out to resolve defects on furniture and completing random spot checks to ensure quality is of the highest standard. Furniture after delivery in to a customers home, may be damaged, you will repair the damage to a manufacturing standard for a re-delivery and meet current service level agreements to ensure fast and proactive service is met.Job Description
- A great basic salary
28 Days holiday + Length of service
Your birthday off
Pawternity Leave, Grandparent Leave, Volunteering day Leave
Learning & Development, Next generation programme
30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
● Inspect and repair furniture that has any defects or damage due to shipping/ delivery
● Ensure all repairs meet the required quality standard and are free from defect
● Report on common problems and issues ensuring that management is aware to eliminate the issues in future
● Make certain all relevant information has been gathered to ensure that all required work has been carried out correctly.
● Actively pursue the resolution of all issues through the inspection, repair and reporting process and guarantee their quality at the end of
● Ensure there are always the resources, products and components locally available to manage any and all issues that may arise now
and in the future
● Strip furniture prior to delivery are actioned to ease delivery and ensure a successful installation - As requested by deliveries or
● Support the line managers and action or undertake any reasonable request to meet the needs of the business.
● Carry out quality checks on furniture and spot check when they arrive from the manufacturer (Random Checks)
● A background in upholstery is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
● Must have a competent level of knowledge on computers and basic software programs
● A good background in machinery and tools is is desired as the role will entail using machinery and tools on a daily basisA little about sofology
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.