Inside Service Sales Representative-HAC006608
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensuring water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
This position will be responsible for proactively selling and renewing service contracts on Hach instrumentation to drive market penetration and accelerate revenue growth. The Inside Service Sales Representative will quickly build customer rapport and establish trust and credibility through a consultative selling style, thereby building a funnel of opportunities for new and expanded service contract sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage clients and prospects via phone/email to identify sales opportunities for immediate closure, funnel placement or assignment
- Utilize funnel management practices to progress service opportunities to close
- Execute a consultative sales strategy using Hach’s selling methodology
- Follow standard work to manage directly or assign opportunities from the leads process to appropriate field seller
- Develop customer quotations for service contracts, and follow standard work to ensure on-time renewal
- Populate necessary changes to agreements, accounts, instruments, install-base and other requests via SalesForce.com, CEP and Oracle
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual quotas for on-time renewals, leads conversion, and sales
- Handle sales questions from internal/external customers regarding service offerings and provide prompt, accurate answers
- Populate and maintain the highest standards of data integrity in Salesforce.com, CEP and Oracle
- Collaborate with the appropriate teams to finalize terms and conditions where applicable
- Engage in department key performance indicators (KPIs) through visual management, and countermeasure where appropriate
- Collaborate with other departments (Field Sales/Service, SDM, Dispatch, Tech Support, etc) to drive continuous improvements in contract renewal/service sales processes
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
- Engaged in daily work and takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance, brings energy and purpose to the workplace every day. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
- Consistently drives high quality, on-time results. (Leads through DBS)
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Acts with Integrity)
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, equivalent work experience accepted
- Minimum 3 years sales experience that includes progressive tele-sales experience, selling products and/or services in a business-to-business environment
- Proven ability at cross-selling and up-selling; demonstrated experience increasing revenue within existing accounts by broadening or deepening product placement
- Demonstrated skills in application and market-specific questioning techniques that uncover new sales opportunities
- Knowledge of the operation of plants and or laboratories, water testing requirements and procedures, and water control regulations that apply to plans is helpful
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of SFDC, CEP and Oracle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear, The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.