An excellent opportunity has become available to join Elliott Group in the UK as an Inside Sales Representative.
The successful candidate will be proactive in building customer relations to make Elliott the preferred vendor to our Customers. This includes customer account maintenance, providing and issuing parts quotations, parts identification and pricing, maintaining any necessary databases, problem resolution and to provide a responsive service to address critical needs or serious issues.
The Inside Sales Representative will be employed by our service parts business which provides critical components to end users around the world, this is a revenue generating role.
The world turns to Elliott
Customers throughout the world choose Elliott for the design, manufacture and service of their critical rotating equipment. Elliott supplies and services turbomachinery for the full spectrum of oil and gas, refining, LNG and petrochemical applications. Elliott’s global service network routinely installs, overhauls, repairs, upgrades and rerates machines from any manufacturer. Customers everywhere turn to Elliott for precision engineering, extraordinary reliability and unparalleled service.
As an Inside Sales Representative your main responsibilities will involve:
- Receive customer inquiries, logging these, interpreting technical and commercial requirements, developing selling prices to optimize margin, preparing and releasing quotations.
- Ensure that special requirements are communicated and agreed by the affected departments.
- Ensure computer files reflect current order data.
- Resolve conflicts with the client and / or with other departments.
- Highlight and resolve any quality requirements.
- Significant amount of data entry, includes updating Oracle parts prices and delivery information.
- Ensure the accuracy of printed quotations and orders against customer requirements.
- Issue, maintain and administer blanket pricing agreements.
- Update customer records and ensures that credit management guidelines are followed.
- Ensure organisation and completeness of quotation until order is received and acknowledged.
- Regularly report to management on quotation activity levels and maintain records.
As an Inside Sales Representative your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Education to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Several years’ customer service experience ideally gained in a manufacturing or service environment (technical and commercial exposure).
- Experience with an ERP system (Oracle EBS an advantage)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Commercially oriented with great communication, organisation and inter-personal skills
- Good attention to detail skills
- Background of a team oriented environment