The IT and Telecoms marketplace is in a state of constant change and evolution. New products and services are brought to market on a daily basis; consumer opinions change and it can be difficult for organisations to marry their business objectives with a solid long-term investment in technology.
Symbol Consulting evolved from an initial customer requirement to significantly reduce costs and increase value from their IT and Telecoms’ investment. Since our incorporation in 2006, we’ve grown organically and aim to build and retain a loyal customer base, with whom we have an honest, pragmatic business relationship.
We have proven experience in developing apprenticeship talent and providing a stable and long term opportunity to join the team as a qualified technician upon completion of the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship. You will be joining a team of 12 support technicians where the majority will have taken a similar path as you and undertaken an apprenticeship whilst gaining hands on experience within an IT role at Symbol Consulting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment where you will be given the tools and skills to have a successful career in IT. Symbol is a fun place to work with a relaxed atmosphere alongside a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We are a growing company with solid opportunities for development and advancement and will invest in our staff to ensure they have all the support required in order to do their job to the best of their abilities.
The main responsibility of the role will be to provide first class customer service whilst providing technical support to a range of clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Manning the support phone lines that require IT support
- Managing first line support tasks and creating incident tickets
- Logging information on service desk software
- Updating contact information on the CRM database
- Dealing with retail store staff and managers assisting with IT/Telecoms first and second line issues.
- Providing on going updates to customers during ticket progressions
- Understanding the nature of the customers issue and either taking the issue to resolution in conjunction with 3rd parties, or assigning the call to other 3rd party suppliers / stakeholders
- Pass the ticket through to a relevant second line support function if it cannot be solved
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
In order to be successful within the recruitment process, you must have the ability to convey a professional attitude in a work environment whilst having the confidence and ability to hold a business conversation over the phone.
Other requirements include:
- First class customer service skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- The ability to deliver both positive and negative news
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine interest in IT
- Willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to work as part of a close knit team
- Working under pressure and to tight timescales
5 GCSE's at A-C or the equivalent grades 9-4 and this must include English and Maths.
08:00am - 4:00pm or 09:00am - 5:00pm or 10:00am - 6:00pm
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.