Posting Date: Nov 30, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-Glasgow
Job: Security Technology & Controls Management
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investmentmanagement and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanleyare dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the mostchallenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, teamwork and giving back.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment.
Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Technology division collaborates with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we dobusiness in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, andinfrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Enterprise Technology Services provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defenses to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
The Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) Senior Email Specialist provides the highest level of consultancy and solution design for the firm’s perimeter email platforms. The role will focus on design, migration planning and implementation of the firm’s next-generation secure email gateway infrastructure. The role is suited to an experienced messaging specialist with a strong background in enterprise security. This role is primarily project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities - preferably in a global environment, ideally within the finance industry.
- Analysis and implementation of perimeter email security and email routing solutions.
- Provide architecture assurance on messaging initiatives.
- Implementation of email security standards such as DKIM, SPF and DMARC.
- Maintain email security infrastructure, providing stability by developing tools, policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams.
- Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks.
- Provide consultancy services to IT Security teams.
- Develop automated metrics reporting capabilities.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.#LI-PW1
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing email security solutions.
- Expert knowledge on open source MTA implementations, including Sendmail and Postfix.
- Experience with Proofpoint Messaging Security Gateways.
- Strong knowledge of integration of messaging platforms with LDAP (OpenLDAP) directory.
- Experience with email encryption implementations with PKI integration.
- Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python, Shell).
- Design and implementation experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Expert knowledge of SMTP (RFC 821/5321), TLS, DNS and related standards.
- Strong Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Project Management Skills with experience on enterprise projects.
- Strong general networking background (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, OSI Model, Packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Implementation experience with emerging email controls such as DMARC
- Experience within financial services industry preferred
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Build a career with impact. Apply today.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-PW1