Our client is a reputable FTSE-250 business which is continuing to invest heavily in its IT and undergoing a large transformation of their IT systems, environments and processes. As a result, they are looking to recruit a Platform Services Engineer to their growing Infrastructure Services Team. This position will be responsible for delivering large infrastructure change projects along with on-going development and continual improvement to their IT infrastructure, business-critical systems and hosting platforms.
The successful candidate will use their technical knowledge to design and implement new solutions into the business, while maintaining, supporting and providing continuous improvement to existing on-premise Infrastructure and new Azure cloud Infrastructure.
- Build and support infrastructure and hosting platforms for both on-premise and Azure cloud infrastructure for online, internal and third-party systems.
- Continually develop and maintain an expert understanding of IT infrastructure, business systems and hosting platforms along with interaction with the business and other departments.
- Monitor, support and maintain the IT Infrastructure, business systems and hosting platforms in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management processes with a focus on driving down repeat tickets.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to increase the performance, stability and security of Infrastructure, systems and hosting platforms.
- Work closely with the security team to deliver and maintain secure solutions ensuring data is secured in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure that all solutions comply with applicable Data Protection and ePrivacy legislation and working with the data protection team on compliance.
- Ensure database environments are secure and adhere to PCI-DSS standards.
- Ensure platforms remain security complaint, patched and backed up in accordance with our policies and SLA’s
Skills & Experience
- In-depth experience building and administration of enterprise Microsoft Windows Server 2016 environments.
- Excellent 'hands-on' experience of DNS, DHCP, and FTP.
- Exposure to Microsoft System Centre products SCCM and SCOM.
- Microsoft Office 365 / Exchange Online / Active Directory / Group Policy.
- Cisco/Meraki Network Infrastructure
- Splunk / Akamai
- Relevant Industry recognized certification or demonstrable industry experience
- Exposure to ITIL & Dev/Ops Methodologies
- Most have worked on large infrastructure projects and solution engineering, not just provided BAU Infrastructure support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Technologies.
- PowerShell, ARM Templates and Systems Automation
- Microsoft Azure Dev/Ops
- Infrastructure-as-code and experience with CI/CD Pipelines.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Benefits: Annual Bonus (~15% payout) Annual Share Allocation, Share Save Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday, 35-hour working week, product discounts & More!
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary additional info: + Shares + Bonus + Great Bens!