Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for a Technology Infrastructure Manager to join our team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent and in return, we are offering a competitive salary dependent on experience plus benefits.
Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge. Our purpose is to further the University's objective of advancing learning, knowledge and research worldwide. Our vision is to be the 21st century's most respected academic and educational publisher. Cambridge University Press is at the forefront of change with an ever-expanding list of books, journals, apps, websites and blended courses all designed to help people learn in whatever format suits them best. We are truly international with over 2,500 members of staff based in over 50 offices around the world.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to our Technology Infrastructure Manager:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
These are exciting times to be in technology infrastructure, with cloud services bringing a step change to the capabilities and delivery of IT services. At Cambridge University Press we have embraced these new technologies and are at an advanced stage of migrating all our services to cloud hosting.
We now need to reform our operational practices and team structures to make the most of this new landscape, and seek a Technology Infrastructure Manager who is committed to developing people and creating dependable and responsive teams who take pride in delivering great services and excelling as thought leaders in technology.
The role will grow and evolve with your guidance, to ensure Cambridge University Press stays at the forefront of technological innovation in IT infrastructure.
Skills and experience required to become our Technology Infrastructure Manager:
- Diverse technical background across IT infrastructure disciplines (hosting, networks, end user computing, information security)
- Proven ability to learn new skills
- Experience of cloud solutions and methodologies would be advantageous
- Excellent organisation and communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in understanding colleague’s needs and an ability to develop productive working relationships
- We have a global technology team with many of the infrastructure team located overseas so experience of working with geographic and cultural diversity is desirable
Closing Date: Sunday 16th June
Interviews will take place from 12th June in Cambridge.
If you have a real talent for getting things done and excel at motivating and inspiring teams, why not click ‘apply’? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Technology Infrastructure Manager.