You will join our Infrastructure Engineering team, which provides design, build and non-production support services for the IT transformation delivery teams. You will use your technical expertise to create technical artefacts, enabling high quality technical solutions to be delivered at pace.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll:
• Have a proven track record in providing technical delivery through the design, build and implementation of solutions using Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Have in depth knowledge & experience of the SCCM platform and associated applications.
• Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team
• Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
• Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
• Industry best practice, standards and trends relating to configuration and deployment technologies.
• Knowledge of Ansible or other deployment / configuration tools.
• Network and infrastructure security concepts
• Agile project management methodologies
• Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
• Working with 3rd parties / suppliers
What you'll be doing
Working with other Infrastructure Engineers in our delivery squads, you will be:
• Providing technical input at all stages of the delivery lifecycle
• Leading and participating in technical collaboration activities
• Sharing knowledge with peers to contribute to the growth of knowledge within engineering teams
• Identifying and escalating dependencies, risks and exceptions that will impact delivery
• Working with stakeholders to shape infrastructure deliverables from the outset of a project
In addition, you will:
• Enforce standards and contribute to the continuous improvement of infrastructure engineering processes
• Support technical development of peers through training and / or knowledge sharing
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
• 25 days holiday (as of January 2020) with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.