On the back of the continued success and investment into our IT Infrastructure, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Infrastructure Engineer with Cloud experience who will be responsible for maintaining and supporting our physical and virtual environments, working pro-actively to ensure systems are running effectively and efficiently.
Within the role you will be working as part of a global infrastructure team that are designing, implementing and supporting massive migration projects as well as supporting the firm’s global IT infrastructure.
You will be driven by ensuring the optimum availability, integrity, security and performance of the IT infrastructure you are working on.
You will passionate about all things tech, detail-oriented, always looking to further develop your skills and be driven by working with new technologies. You will be a problem solver and love the challenge of solving complex technical issues.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems. You have good communication and collaboration skills, and excellent problem-solving skills.
His/her responsibilities include upgrading and improving operating environments, creating repair strategies, and providing technical support and training for users.
What will a normal day involve?
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the diagnosis and resolution of 3rd and 4th line problems
- Assist in driving scope definition where needed, technical design, and validation of proposed operational workflows
- Ensure delivered solutions are handed off operationally with appropriate documentation (e.g. best practices, design documents, run books)
- Migrate applications, databases and storage systems to AWS from Enterprise On-premise infrastructure
- Manage and Maintain Cloud Platforms such as IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, Route etc
- Manage incidents and requests across a number of disciplines – Windows and Linux servers hosted on vSphere/ESXi and Cisco UCS/EMC storage
- Managing and maintaining a complex full stack Citrix Environment and Infrastructure
- Liaise with managed hosting services to deliver first class services and vendor support
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability and security. Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively
- Administrator, build, and upgrade core business infrastructure including computing, storage, and disaster recovery systems
- Performing systems administration of off-prem and cloud infrastructure
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Participate in change activity that may be scheduled out of hours
You will have:
- Extensive experience in Windows Server 2012-2019, AD and Exchange
- Strong experience in VMware vSphere 6.0 to 6.7 (VCSA, ESXi, DRS, HA, VUM)
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Experience in supporting Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience in change and incident management processes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Red Hat Linux 6/7
- Automation experience (PowerShell, PowerCLI, Ansible Tower, Bash, Python)
- Cisco UCS
- Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp 7.15 / NetScaler
- VDI on Cloud
- Commvault Hyperscale
- Dell EMC VxBlock / Enterprise Storage (VMAX, Isilon)
Why should you join Cigna?
You will get the chance to work with a global, truly innovative and flexible Technology division that is growing rapidly due to continued success and massive transformation.
We are constantly investing in, improving and innovating our global technology stack. Right now we are investing in Cloud, AI & ML as well as working heavily with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
You will join a business that truly invests in you as a person. You will be offered the opportunity to progress your knowledge and skills through both internal and external training, take secondment to other teams / projects and much more.
FLEXIBILITY – We are a truly flexible business. We offer remote / home working as well as flexible start / finish times. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a true work / life balance for all of our employees.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.