This newly created opportunity is technical in nature, and the successful candidate will provide high quality and timely IT infrastructure support to ensure the availability, stability and performance the FNZ datacentres, platforms and corporate systems.
What you'll be doing...
You will be responsible for the administration and management of all development, UAT and pre-production envionments as well as internal corporate IT systems. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Windows and Linux Server management
- SAN and storage array management
- Very large VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Active Directory, O365 and On Prem Microsoft services
- Backup, Replication, HA and Recovery technologies
- Security Technologies, content filtering, PAS
- HPE Server hardware
- VDI infrastructure estate
- Azure services
- EFT file and data transfer
Availability – applications that are available when the users need them
Performance – applications that scale with user demand
Security – applications that are protected from unauthorised access and data loss
Reliability – applications that are fault tolerant with no single points of failure
Availability: Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
Information Security: Ensure that the FNZ network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
Business Continuity: Ensure that FNZ-held data is secure and backed up by:
ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
Project Work: Implement new projects to meet project timelines and deadlines
What we're looking for...
- Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
- In depth knowledge of Multi-tiered websites and web based Microsoft .NET applications
- IIS or Java troubleshooting experience is required
- Knowledge of Splunk, Nagios or other monitoring tools would be advantageous
- General infrastructure skills and knowledge of Microsoft Server products such as Exchange are also desirable
- Knowledge of Automation scripting in PowerShell an advantage
- Experience chef, puppet or other automated configuration management systems desirable
- F5 experience highly regarded
- Flexibility to work non-standard shifts, covering Central European locations
Why work for us?
- Be part of a highly successful, rapidly growing, global business that is leading the delivery of financial services via cloud computing and partners with some of the world’s largest companies
- Remuneration and career advancement is based on individual contribution and business impact rather than tenure or seniority;
- We provide significant financial rewards for high performing individuals
- We provide global career opportunities for our best employees at any of our offices in the UK, Czech Republic, Australia or New Zealand.
FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. It partners with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals. FNZ's technology, transaction and custody services enable their clients to provide best-in-class wealth management solutions to financial advisers, end-investors and the workplace that are efficient, flexible, transparent and scalable, supporting market, demographic and regulatory trends worldwide.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £400 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 7 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group, Vanguard, Generali, Quilter, Santander, Aviva, Zurich, UOB, UBS, Findex and BNZ. In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions globally and employs over 2,000 in London, Edinburgh, Bristol, Basingstoke, Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and Brno.