This role is technical in nature and is responsible for providing high quality and timely IT infrastructure support to ensure the availability, stability and performance the FNZ datacentres, platforms and corporate systems.
· Windows and Linux Server management
· SAN and storage array management
· Very large VMware vSphere infrastructure
· Active Directory, O365 and On Prem Microsoft services
· Backup, Replication, HA and Recovery technologies
· Security Technologies, content filtering, PAS
· HPE Server hardware
· VDI infrastructure estate
· Azure services
· EFT file and data transfer
The team are responsible for the administration and management of all development, UAT and pre-production environments as well as internal corporate IT systems.
Availability – applications that are available when the users need them
Performance – applications that scale with user demand
Security – applications that are protected from unauthorised access and data loss
Reliability – applications that are fault tolerant with no single points of failure
Value for money – shared core infrastructure improves application delivery and reduces costs per application
Projects – new system delivery is high quality, on time and within budget
Availability: Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
Information Security: Ensure that the FNZ network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
Business Continuity: Ensure that FNZ-held data is secure and backed up by:
ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
Training: Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills. Provide technical advice and mentoring within the team.
Project Work: Implement new projects to meet project timelines and deadlines
Budget: Recommend changes to the IT manager that could reduce costs in your areas of responsibility
· Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
· In depth knowledge of Multi-tiered websites and web based Microsoft .NET applications
· IIS or Java troubleshooting experience is required
· Knowledge of Splunk, Nagios or other monitoring tools would be advantageous
· General infrastructure skills and knowledge of Microsoft Server products such as Exchange are also desirable
· Knowledge of Automation scripting in PowerShell an advantage
· Experience chef, puppet or other automated configuration management systems desirable
· F5 experience highly regarded
· Keen interest in and knowledge of latest server and storage technologies
· Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
· Good team player with the ability to work independently and able to take initiative
· Superior problem solving capabilities
· Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent time-management skills
· Excellent team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
FNZ is a global FinTech firm, transforming the way financial institutions serve their wealth management customers. We partner with banks, insurers and asset managers to help consumers better achieve their financial goals. The business has grown rapidly in recent years, as its institutional customers have used FNZ’s platform to improve transparency, choice and drive down long-term costs for consumers of wealth management products across all segments: from mass-market workplace pensions to mass-affluent and high-net-worth clients.
Today, FNZ is responsible for over £330 billion in assets under administration (AuA) held by around 5 million customers of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, including Standard Aberdeen, Santander, Lloyds Bank, Vanguard, Generali, Barclays, Quilter, UOB, Aviva, Zurich, UBS, BNZ, Findex and FNZC. In total, FNZ partners with over 60 financial institutions across the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia. The company has over 1,400 employees in the UK, Czech Republic, Shanghai, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.