Durham Constabulary are looking for an Information Assurance Manager to join their team.
Job Title: Information Assurance Manager
Salary: £39,918 - £42,918 per annum. A casual car user allowance is also payable.
Location: Police Headquarters, Business Innovation & Development Command
Hours: 37 hours per week, from Monday to Friday. The flexible working hour’s scheme is applicable. Part time working will also be considered.
Job type: Permanent
Information Assurance Manager - Durham Constabulary:
Durham Constabulary polices the area of County Durham and Darlington. Our Force
Vision and the National Code of Ethics underpins how we deliver policing and drives the performance of all our staff towards excellence in service delivery.
Information Assurance Manager - About the Role:
-As Information Assurance Manager you will identify, develop and implement protective security policies, procedures and systems which contribute to the Force’s activities by ensuring they are performed in a secure manner that balances risk with business requirements.
- You will instigate measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Force Assets and will drive forward the Force Information Security Strategy by providing training and advice to staff, officers and partners as appropriate.
- You will carry out penetration testing of third party organisations systems and giving appropriate support.
- Your role will involve providing regular briefings and documentation to the Deputy Chief Constable in his role as Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO).
- You will be responsible for accrediting force systems and the forces’ connection to national systems, ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation, policies, standards and codes of connection.
- You will be the Force Communications Security Officer (ComSO), liaising between Durham Constabulary and CESG and will have responsibility for assessing compliance with CESG standards on cryptography.
- You will investigate and respond to security incidents and represent the force at local and national forums, taking the lead in national projects, where appropriate, to ensure that Durham Constabulary influence and lead national decision making.
Information Assurance Manager – Who are we look for?
- Five years relevant professional experience e.g. Information Security Management, ideally within a large organization
- At least 1 years management experience covering penetration testing for third party business – sell and income generation.
- Excellent literacy skills, such as the composition of strategic reports or policies are a pre-requisite.
Information Assurance Manager – Qualifications:
- The successful candidate should possess a Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. Information Security/Science, Computing, English.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals at ‘Associate’ level or above is desirable and qualification as a CESG Certified
- Professional (SIRA) would be a distinct advantage.
Information Assurance Manager – Vetting:
Durham Constabulary has a strict vetting requirement and any offer of employment will be subject to appropriate vetting levels which will be maintained / updated throughout the period of service.
In addition, applicants should have been a UK resident for at least 3 years prior to the date of application. However in the event that applicants have not been resident in the UK for at least 3 years and can provide a VERIFIABLE certificate from the Police of any country where they have taken temporary residence to indicate that they have not been convicted of any offence whilst in that country or involved in any investigation by a Law Enforcement Agency which includes being interviewed, arrested, issued with any penalty notice, charged or cautioned irrespective of whether that offence is an offence within the United Kingdom, then this will be considered as part of the recruitment vetting process.
Individuals who are not able to meet this criteria will be subject to appropriate risk assessment by the Force Counter Corruption and Vetting Unit.
Information Assurance Manager – Tattoos:
Any tattoo anywhere on the body that is obscene, or advocates sexual, racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination, by written word or design is prohibited and the presence of such a tattoo would preclude an applicant from passing the recruitment process for employment with the Constabulary
Durham Constabulary welcome applications from everyone press ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our site where you can complete your application. Members of ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented we would encourage applications from these groups.
Appointment will be based on merit.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 16th November 2018