Title: Industry Codes Analyst
Department: Revenue Assurance and Industry Codes
Location: Colindale, North London
Salary: Competitive, including benefits & share options
What makes UW a great fit for you?
We're an award-winning fully-integrated utility business knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. We have experienced two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, and we know we’re onto something - we were the Which? ‘Utilities Brand of the Year’ in 2018. With 28 awards under our belt we are excited about the future ahead but we’re only just getting started!
You probably won't have heard much about us, but we're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years. We may be a FTSE 250 company with year on year growth, but at heart we still see ourselves as an entrepreneurial challenger with a strong family-feel!
Who we’re looking for
You’ll need to be a focused analyst, with at least a years experience and understanding of Energy Industry Codes and/or Compliance.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Understanding and experience of the energy regulatory landscape
- Experience monitoring and reviewing compliance with industry codes in a supplier environment
- Current understanding of the following codes and frameworks: UNC, SPAA, MRA, DCUSA, BSC, SEC and SMICoP
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good grasp of business and regulatory terminologies.
Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll do
A core function of this role is to monitor Utility Warehouse’ (UW) compliance with multiple industry codes, interpreting industry change proposals and delivering required changes to internal policies and procedures, to ensure UW meets regulatory requirements whilst continuing to deliver award winning service to our Members.
The successful candidate will be required to translate and scope industry change proposals for internal stakeholders, as well as representing UW’s position in industry groups, helping drive change to produce positive outcomes for our members.
The role will be responsible for working closely with the Energy Programmes, Regulation, Operations and Customer Service teams as well as Risk and Compliance, Technology and key external stakeholders to monitor our adherence to industry codes, and ensure all change is implemented in line with their requirements.
On a day to day basis this looks like:
- Produce and maintain a framework to monitor UW's compliance against all industry codes, contributing to monthly update reports
- Research and keep up-to-date with industry and compliance changes
- Represent UW's interests at industry meetings, driving change proposals for the benefit of UW's members
- Produce monthly scoping documents to brief industry led change into the Programme team
- Contribute to reporting a consolidated view of industry change and monthly update reports
- Collaborate with technology, programme, operations, marketing and finance personnel to produce assessments about industry led change proposals
- Review and approve internally led change proposals, process changes and marketing material for impact on UW's compliance with industry codes
- Be a point of contact for internal stakeholders, assisting with queries relating to industry codes and compliance.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression. In addition to your annual salary, you’ll also benefit from 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme and share options.
- Our HQ is based in Colindale, London where you will benefit from some great perks including:
- State of the art facilities with free parking, subsidised canteen, pool tables, table tennis tables and quiet/sleep pods
- Health & wellbeing benefits including onsite personal training, yoga and pilates, discounted healthcare & gym membership, an onsite nurse, gourmet society membership and more!
- An active social calendar including monthly movie nights, quiz nights, family parties and plenty more!
- Clubs & committees for employees with a shared interest such as sports, reading, charity, diversity etc
Basically, whether you fancy joining our CEO Andrew Lindsay for breakfast to find out more about what’s going on at UW or joining some colleagues for a movie night screening in our auditorium – there is something for everyone!
Get to know us
Unlike other large companies, here at UW, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel - that’s probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here. We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we’ve built a culture where everyone counts – one where you’ll feel valued and respected.
What are you waiting for?
Do you have what it takes to be part of our award-winning team? Take a plunge an apply now…be part of something special, be part of our team purple!
Once we receive your application you will receive an email or call from our amazing resourcing team within 48 hours. This is your opportunity to shine and tell them why you would be perfect for the UW family.
Want a sneak peak into what it’s like to work for us?