IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and Event Company.
About the Role
Today, business increasingly means digital business. To digitize operations, European organizations are massively increasing their focus on cloud software: IDC forecasts that more than half of all spending on software will be cloud software within 5 years.
IDC has played a leading role in helping its clients navigate this fundamental shift in IT architectures to the cloud: IDC analysts are quoted widely in the press, and we work with leading companies around the globe. Our work in this area continues to expand. So, we are seeking an additional European analyst to help in our market advisory, consulting and research services in the area of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
The person we seek will have a solid understanding of the leading SaaS providers, their offerings and strategies, most likely gained through working in product marketing at a tech vendor, at a leading tech consultancy, or in IT strategy and planning at a major IT user company.
The position will be located in one of IDC's major European research centres: London, Munich, or Frankfurt. If you think you would like to join one of the leading global influencers and consultancies of the emerging digital economy, then please get in touch. We are looking to hire someone early in 2020.
- collaboratively plan and execute a Europe-focused research programme, pertinent to IDC clients in this rapidly changing market
- contribute to and lead the creation of written research, including market analyses, market forecasts, data models and presentations
- deliver and lead custom research projects, authoring white papers and answering client inquiries relating to IDC research findings
- deliver presentations at industry and client events, and feature in videos and podcasts
- support IDC’s data modelling and forecasting activities to help size, segment and forecast the SaaS market within the European region
- support IDC's sales and marketing teams on project proposals and developing market offerings, through media interviews, creating marketing materials, blogs etc.
- work with the software group head to help meet bookings, revenue and profit targets.
- Degree level qualification: BA, BSc or equivalent or higher degree
- Several years relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of the SaaS marketplace: its suppliers, their strategies, their products and use
- European work/residency qualifications
- Self-starter, able to work to tight schedules, balancing changing priorities of incoming work with scheduled delivery deadlines
- Able to synthesize and articulate complex concepts and solutions, orally and in writing
- Excellent team player with strong execution & follow-through skills
- Availability and willingness to travel to other European countries and the US for short-duration trips such as project meetings or industry conferences
- Written and verbal mastery of English. Additional language skills are a bonus but not a requirement.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, the position in a highly professional and respected firm, where initiative leading to results are rewarded. IDC is a global knowledge company with a broad range of career challenges and opportunities, and you will become part of a dynamic, international trained network with a driven and collaborative culture.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.