Job Title: Indirect Tax Specialist
Location: Leicester (Head Office)
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 Plus Company Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Indirect Tax Specialist Role Overview:
This role takes full ownership for the management of the Indirect Tax compliance, advice and reporting obligations, both internally and with the assistance of external tax advisors of Cromwell Group (Holdings) Limited and subsidiaries (both UK and 11 Overseas jurisdictions). Additionally, this person is expected to develop and maintain a robust VAT controls framework through improved control design, automation or standardization.
Indirect Tax Specialist Role Responsibilities:
Indirect Tax Specialist:
- Lead the Group's Indirect Tax strategy with support from the Group Tax Manager and third party advisors where appropriate
- Full responsibility for Indirect tax compliance, including preparation, review and submission of VAT and other Indirect Tax returns including tax payments
- Liaison with tax advisors across all jurisdictions in relation to indirect tax issues and compliance
- Prepare indirect tax accounts and reconciliations to each other and the balance sheet
- Lead relationships and correspondence with Tax Authorities dealing with enquiries and audits
- Provide assistance in resolution of business queries on Indirect tax
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial process routine and internal controls to ensure accuracy of Indirect Tax returns and improve operational and systems efficiency
- Manage a rolling program of VAT audit/validation across the business
- Advise the company on changes to indirect tax legislation
- Lead in training of both finance and non-finance staff across the group regarding both Indirect Tax treatment of supplies and tax within the accounting systems
- Lead the group's compliance with 'Making Tax Digital'
Indirect Tax Specialist Skills and Experience Required:
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified - Essential
- 5+ years indirect tax experience - Essential
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor - Essential
- Practical knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. SAP or comparable large ERP systems) and PC proficiency in MSOffice (Excel, Word, etc.) - Essential.
- Experience with an organization with a geographically dispersed infrastructure, including a meaningful international component - Desirable.
Indirect Tax Specialist Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills.
- Superior interpersonal abilities - ability to interact and communicate well with employees across different business environments and different levels
- Advanced knowledge of Indirect Tax accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Excellent understanding of internal Indirect Tax controls.
- Strong business acumen & analytical skills with attention to detail
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and looking for creative solutions
- Self starter, detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines
What the successful Indirect Tax Specialist will get in return
The chance to join a multinational organization with ambitious growth plans and one where colleagues truly matter. Our people focus incudes engagement, development opportunities and career path, diversity and the ability to influence. Benefits include a highly competitive salary, commission and bonuses, defined contribution pension scheme and health care cover.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a experienced Indirect Tax Specialist to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today.
£50,000.00 - £55,000.00 per year